Buying Groceries Online?

Discussion in Online Shopping started by NinetyEighty1 • Jul 12, 2017.

1. NinetyEighty1

NinetyEighty1Active Member

Threads:
    Do any number of you purchase your groceries online? I know that most areas usually don't have that sort of delivery available but I'm curious to here on your experiences. How often do you purchase your groceries online and where from?

2. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    I purchase my groceries in physical stores, since there are so many near my place. I also don't see any stores that offer to deliver your groceries to your home over here, so I wonder how much will they charge for the shipping.

3. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There is a supermarket here in the upscale area of the business district that has an online system for purchase and delivery. I think you have to register for an account and then all you have to do is call in your order and it will be delivered to your doorsteps. But the hazard in this scheme is the quality of the merchandise. It’s okay if what you would purchase are canned good and bottled drinks only. Vegetables, fruits and even meat are susceptible to issues of freshness. When shopping for fresh farm produce, I prefer to do the shopping personally. There are several supermarkets near our place anyway.

4. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    I still cannot really get around a lot of the things that you need to consider. I mean how many times have you gotten back from the store and you yourself have made a mistake? I imagine this is multiplied when others are doing it.

5. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have done in the past, but now I prefer to do it in person only because I need to stay in for the delivery. If I lived a long distance away, or if the weather was bad I would order online. It can be quite frustrating at times because some items will be out of stock and the substitutions cause more grief as you have to decide if you keep them or not. Usually you don't know about this until the order arrives either.

I also like to choose items with a longer expiry date on them, and pickers won't do that for you, so you have to consider that. For items like laundry detergent, fruit juices, and bulky items like toilet roll delivery is useful.

6. morgoodie

morgoodieActive Member

Threads:
    I have not ordered any online before. I am particular about my groceries and would prefer to pick them out myself. There is a grocery store near me that you can order them through an app and they will have them waiting for you to pick up. I do not think I would like to use this service either. As long as I can make it to the grocery store myself, I will keep doing my own shopping.

7. Beast_Titan

Beast_TitanActive Member

Threads:
    I only buy groceries online if they have a big sale or it is an ingredient that is hard to find. I like eating Japanese dishes and there are so many Japanese Ingredients that cannot be found on my local stores.

8. anupamas2

anupamas2Active Member

Threads:
    I have many options to buy groceries online, but I prefer to buy them from the stores. I like to go and look at the items before I buy. There are so many options in the stores. And secondly, I think that the prices online is more than what the store offers,

9. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like having the option for ordering groceries online and in retail stores. If you needed a sudden prepared food from the supermarket per se Safeway has Signature Cafe that you can order it and have it delivered to your door, how great saving you time, money and you'll have delicious food for your party, reception etc...I believe people who have a difficult time to get to the supermarket can have it delivered to them and have food. With Safeway and other supermarket's weekly sales, you'll save a lot and have the convenience to have it delivered to you. I've ordered pizza delivery and love it so I figure, that groceries is just the same when you need it you got the service right at your finger tips.

10. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    This is not my kind of thing. I still prefer to do it in physical stores. These are the types of products that I need to see and touch before buying. :)

11. kenzhoui25

kenzhoui25New Member

Threads:
    I don't usually purchase groceries online because I prefer checking the products by own eyes before purchasing it, but, I tried purchasing online before. All I can say is it's better for you to check and see the product you're buying in the physical store so you can check the quality of it. However, if you're far from physical stores, buying online could be a better option to save time and money. Just check the reviews online before buying.

12. luckycharm

luckycharmActive Member

Threads:
    Very true. I never purchased any eatables online. I would be quite reluctant to buy them online because I can’t see the item physically and not aware of its freshness. I would prefer to go offline shopping for perishable commodities like groceries. Moreover, as grocery shops are mostly available everywhere it wouldn’t be difficult to buy them from local stores. It would also save you a lot of time whereas in online shopping we need to wait for the item to get delivered.

I usually purchase all necessary items in one go, say in the first week of the month. This could save time and transportation charges. However, I would wait if there are any offers expected.

13. kenzhoui25

kenzhoui25New Member

Threads:
    I agree that perishable products should better be bought offline rather than online to check freshness and expiration date for health purpose. I believe health should be a priority in choosing to buy groceries online. As the products need to be delivered, it might spoil in transit, thus, leading to decrease satisfaction. I suggest buying perishable goods in physical stores and instant goods in online stores.

14. Pravish

PravishMember

Threads:
    I live in the city of Mumbai, India. Mumbai is one of the most crowded cities in the world. It becomes difficult and sometimes absolutely impossible to find a place to park your car near a supermarket. So, since last month, I have started using Grofers which is an online supermarket and provides free delivery ofproducts totalling more than INR 500. All the products have minimum 2% discount on the Max retail price and more over this online store provides flat 5% cash back if you shop for more than INR 2500. They offer next day delivery. Therefore I have decided to shop for groceries online only as its saves me fuel, saves time and saves a lot of money on the products.

15. Beast_Titan

Beast_TitanActive Member

Threads:
    This is for Americans only, The best place to buy fruits and vegetables online and imperfect produce and hungry harvest. The fruits and vegetables are fresh and they are sold 30 percent cheaper than the ones from groceries. For 15 dollars I have a box of fresh fruits and vegetables. I am so fascinated with their system and they even support some charities.

16. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    I am yet to buy groceries online it's electronic stuffs I am interested in when shopping online. I do not think there are online stores near me where I can easily buy groceries. Times of tight schedule at work ordering food items online in nearby stores should be good idea. It has to be from a store where delivery can be same day or maximum next day because some food items are perishable after a day or two.

17. kenzhoui25

kenzhoui25New Member

Threads:
    It's good to know that the online stores in your area provide good service to its customers. I find it really hard nowadays to trust online sellers, so I read review first in the internet and then buy. I believe online stores are really good option if you want to save time and transportation expenses.

18. jakub

jakubMember

Threads:
    Yes, i occasionally shop from Amazon fresh and a few supermarket websites, it's more convenient and useful when looking for specific items.

19. Shana Peckover

Shana PeckoverMember

Threads:
    We actually tried Amazon Prime this week. I was pleasantly surprised at the price of the groceries and delivery fee. Delivery time was only two hours too. Everything was packed up nicely and the delivery person was great. I will definitely use this service again.

20. overcast

overcastActive Member

Threads:
    I have tried Naturals and Amazon Prime. Both the chains are delivering good groceries on time. In 1 day you get the order. In case of some products you get like same day delivery. So it's definitely a good option. I would only say make sure to buy vegetables local because that helps the local economy more.