Buying Happiness

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by Gold Coin • Aug 10, 2017.

1. Gold Coin

Gold CoinNew Member

Threads:
    I don't know if they're telling the truth. Perhaps I never dared find out. And I've forgotten about them who said that money never did buy them happiness. I agree. And credit cards aren't doing much better either. After a splurge using credit card, the pain of repayments is devastating.

2. iamawriter

iamawriterActive Member

Threads:
    Just as fire can bring us happiness if used correctly so will money bring us happiness if one knows how to spend it. I do not believe in the saying 'money is the route of all evil' because money has given me happiness and it continues to give me. And one reason is I help those in need.

3. Shana Peckover

Shana PeckoverMember

Threads:
    Is there really a "right way" to spend money? As we are all so individually unique, our opinions are too. In my personal opinion, money can't buy you happiness...only temporary enjoyment. Think about it...the money isn't what makes you happy, it's who you spend it on and what you spend it on that bring the joy.
    The saying I like best is that "Money is a necessary evil".

4. NinetyEighty1

NinetyEighty1Active Member

Threads:
    I am starting to have conflicting thoughts on "money can't buy happiness". It is true, happiness comes from within but money can make life a lot more easier and fun if you know how to use it and don't let it use you. That being said, I don't believe that money is the root of all evil, if there is anyone to blame it is the individual and their own greed.

5. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    Happiness cann't be bought, this is a fact (and whoever thinks otherwise is definitely wrong).

However, money can provide moments that can be translated as happiness and whether it's a true happiness or not, it's up to the individual to judge because each person has criteria of differentiated judgments.

6. Kimika

KimikaActive Member

Threads:
    Money can't buy you happiness, but it can buy you stuff to make you happy for a moment. It all goes down to spending money on what makes you happy but won't hurt you after a few months of buying it. A lot of people do a shopping spree using their credit cards and then have a ton of problem after a few months. I want to make things simple, for me, money can't buy me happiness but it bought me my PC, pays the electric and internet bills, buys me food that I love, pays for the games that I enjoy. That's a lot of happiness for me.

7. annitha

annithaActive Member

Threads:
    I try not to use my credit card because the interest rates are not fair and I will be returning cash for ever. These vampires live off our pain and hard work, and I don't want to give extra money in return for no reason.
    Money can't buy happiness, but you can buy pretty nifty things with it.
    It also depends with whom do you share it.
    Because sometimes it's happier to share 1 dollar with the person who loves and respects you, then millions with a person who does not.

8. tallulah

tallulahActive Member

Threads:
    Money can and will never buy happiness. Money is what we use as an exchange for things that we need. Just like money can never buy life so money cannot buy happiness. Money does make life easier. We are able to shop and live where we want without the fear of the unknown.

9. annitha

annithaActive Member

Threads:
    When you trade, you don't even need to use the money, you can practically use anything else. Money was made out by the humans who want to put fix value onto the things, but it is really nothing that is essentially needed for us to survive.
    I wish I could explain it better, but my opinion is that we could live without it.

10. wallet

walletActive Member

Threads:
    It is true you cannot buy happiness, I agree but you can buy a lot of things with money and those things may bring you happiness not totally but your life is improving if you have money. These days all that exists depends on having money, even life itself depends on money and this is very sad!

11. Alonzo123

Alonzo123Active Member

Threads:
    Wallet, I agree with you, People can not buy happiness but money plays an important role to keep life smooth. But without God help and blessing money is really not enough to live happily.

12. Taraa

TaraaActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah i do agreed with you Alonzo... So true

13. Alonzo123

Alonzo123Active Member

Threads:
    I am glad that you agree with me.