Buying In Batches To Save On Shipping

Discussion in Online Shopping started by Denis Hard • Apr 23, 2015.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There'd be no point in buying a product or two and spend a lot on shipping costs. It would be better to buy that product in a local store instead if it can be found there.

To cut on shipping costs it's always better to save up the money and buy all you need to buy online from one store, in one batch. You pay a one-time shipping fee.

2. DonnaIReilly

DonnaIReillyActive Member

Threads:
    I do this with certain products, especially health products, because here in Ireland it can become expensive for health products. So I tend to shop online and buy in bulk because it works out cheaper. I think it depends on what you are purchasing though as to if you save money on shipping.

3. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I totally agree with you, @Denis Hard@Denis Hard. I like to do this whether it's online or in an actual store, providing I have the money. That way we can go a few months without feeling the pinch! For online shopping, I also wait until I have a substantial amount of stuff to buy before I place my order. It's especially handy where some of my online stores offer free shipping if you spend X amount of money :)

4. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I always have to pay whenever I receive a parcel over here, so I purposely tend to buy more than 1 item from a seller even if I don't need it, and I'll just ask them to combine the shipping so that I only get to pay for 1 parcel. And take note, the shipping from the Chinese Ebay sellers that I buy from in Ebay are free to begin with, lol. And of course, as expected, I will also do that when I have to pay for the shipping.

5. butterfly1

butterfly1Member

Threads:
    I absolutely agree. When you are buying small items the shipping can be just as much as the product in some instances. That is a complete waste. I am with you 100% on that one. I always go to the local store for certain boutique baby items. Saves time and money.

6. keytcee

keytceeMember

Threads:
    I do this all the time when I buy online. I grab some friends and ask them if they want to buy anything where I'm buying at so that we could split the shipping costs. It's also better because some places actually give more freebies to those who order more so we can also split those freebies up! So I suggest that everyone who'd like to buy online to do this because it would cost less. You don't want to buy a product then pay more because of the shipping fee, right?

7. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We used to do this with my friends when we were buying something niche we couldn't find in the country. Wait a few more weeks until everyone saved up the money needed, and then just bought in bulk. Not only we saved on the shipping, but it was split between multiple people, so everyone won. :)