Buying Makeup Online

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Ani_m • Jul 8, 2017.

1. Ani_m

Ani_mMember

Threads:
    Makeup can get expensive, sometimes even at the drugstore. I’ve seen people that get their makeup online and save more because of offers. It can be risky to buy things like foundations or things you need to match your skin tone for, but maybe products you’ve tried and used. I know Sephora and Ulta have free samples, but price wise it doesn’t seem to be different than buying them in store. Has anyone tried buying makeup online? If you have, what places do you recommend?

2. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    My girlfriend loves to buy makeup online (she is kinda addicted to these things :confused:). She says the prices are always great, and she always gets big discounts (which is always a good thing... especially when the money goes out of my pocket :p).

3. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I buy quite a lot online, but it depends on what country you live in and if the shipping is free or affordable. Many websites such as the Lauder ones offer free shipping and samples on all orders, and other sites such as FeelUnique that I use have a £15 spend before you can get free shipping.

Always look for reputable companies and not always the cheapest because they may sell expired stock or fakes and you don't want that risk.

4. wallet

walletActive Member

Threads:
    Hi, Ani_m my wife buys all the time makeup from Internet. She says that in this way she can find a lot of discounts from what to choose, or use some vouchers that she received on her email. I know she buys her makeup from Avon or Oriflame, I know this because every time she buys a makeup for her, she buys something for me too!

5. nangk08

nangk08Active Member

Threads:
    I have bought a few branded lipsticks and nail paint online for nice discounts. You should visit sites like Amazon when they have occasional sales and you will find some good quality makeup products at great prices. Save a lot of money that way than buying at drugstores or departmental stores.

6. Christena Batiste

Christena BatisteNew Member

Threads:
    Hi. I'm Christena Batiste and I'm a Mary Kay Beauty Consultant. I can help you with any questions you might have. My email addresses are marykay.com/christenabatiste and [email protected] if interested.

7. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    I'm going to talk to my girlfriend about this to see if she has any interest. :) Thank you for the contact anyway. ;)

8. Christena Batiste

Christena BatisteNew Member

Threads:
    Thanks

9. littlewitch66

littlewitch66Active Member

Threads:
    The only time I buy makeup online is when a product I use stops being sold in the shops. I found the perfect shade of eyeshadow for me but it was discontinued in UK shops. When I searched online I found it on Amazon so I now get it there. It's a little cheaper than in the shops too.

10. tallulah

tallulahActive Member

Threads:
    There are some things I cannot buy online and make-up is one of them. I prefer to go into the store and have a beauty consultant assist with my colour shades. I may already have a brand in mind, but if I can get something better suited in terms of pricing in-store, then I will go for it.

Besides, I use make-up sparingly (maybe like once or twice a week). So I only have to shop every year or so for make-up. At the moment, I'm using a Ruby Red Mac lipstick that I have had for over three years.