Buying Medicine As Per Prescription Dosage

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Alexandoy • Oct 6, 2016.

1. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Do you buy the full dosage of medicines as per the prescription? We have learned to be prudent when buying medicines because doctors sometimes change the prescription when a side effect is noticed. So what happens if you buy the 21 tablets of anti-biotic which is good for 7 days and an allergy emerges after a day? Those tablets for 6 days will just go to trash because the doctor will definitely give you a new prescription.

2. anupamas2

anupamas2Active Member

Threads:
    I usually but the whole prescription. But I have a habit of missing a few doses. I usually don't have any allergy or any problem with the drugs. I am quite a healthy person and seldom need to visit the doctor. That's why I think that I miss to take a few dose of the medicine whenever I have to take it.

3. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    This is a very advice. I am a kind of person that every time I see my doctor for a check up and he issues me a prescription I have to buy all of them. Just like recently, I was infected with dry eczema on my toes. The doctor prescribed with a medicine for 14 days. It's good I am not allergic to any medicine.

4. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    Its wise to buy for first three days incase you have your doubts as te first three day doses are crucial and then when all goes well one should continue doses without a miss as adviced. It is quite dangerous to use medicines haphazardly as you may end up developing a drug resistance.

5. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I suggest that one should buy as per prescription and everything that's been prescribed. One should know that physicians prescribe combination carefully therefore if you leave anything or do not complete the course as prescribed you might develop resistance which will be more harmful as that particular medicine will not work in future.