Buying Multiples

Discussion in Misc & Others started by Miaka_M • Jun 7, 2015.

1. Miaka_M

Miaka_MActive Member

Threads:
    What is the one thing on sale that you tend to purchase multiples of? I for one take advantage of toilet paper sales and water. These are things that are needs and if they're cheap, why not stock up? Just a few days ago water was on sale and I bought 7 cases, I drink a lot of water and this was great! I may actually go and purchase a few more later.

2. Jannnnjan

JannnnjanActive Member

Threads:
    I find that I get tempted by the buy 3 for 2 offers and stock up when there is a promotion. I have frozen meat and vegetables in my freezer that have been on these offers. Also soft drinks, laundry products and cereals. Actually most of what I buy are on these deals. I never have more than 3 at a time though of the same thing.

3. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    Many things, to be honest. It can be a bit of a problem because there’s very little storage space in the house. But if I had to pick only one thing, it’d be toilet paper. Never want to run out of that around here, especially when you hear the words “longshoreman strike.”

4. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I used to buy multiples of nearly anything on sale or on special, now I limit myself due to space. There are always supplies of toilet roll and tissues, cans of sweetcorn, pasta and cans of vegetable soup. Everyday essentials that won't expire and that I know I will use.

My parents stock up on washing up liquid and olive oil as well as they use a lot and don't like to run out.

5. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I never really chance upon supermarket sales, but I always purchase 3 in 1 coffee packs and energy drinks in multiples when I'm in the supermarket. It's way cheaper there as compared to the stores near our house.

6. professionaltightwad

professionaltightwadMember

Threads:
    I try to stockpile enough of everything non-perishable to at least get me through to the next sale. With most items, that's 6 to 12 weeks worth. I only stockpile when the price is right, though. That's usually when there is a good sale price plus a good coupon out. Combined, that usually makes for rock-bottom prices. When that happens, I get as many as I can.

7. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If it is something we use alot of like toilet paper I will get more than one, soup is another item I will get more than one if it one we use. We don't have storage for alot of stuff so I only stock up on things we will use soon.