Buying music

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by xcmiller93x • May 12, 2012.

1. xcmiller93x

xcmiller93xActive Member

Threads:
    Do you still buy CDs, or do you buy your music on something like iTunes, Amazon, etc?

Or do you illegally download it ?

2. BarelyHangingOn

BarelyHangingOnActive Member

Threads:
    I have a Sirius subscription with a portable radio that I can download music onto. If you listen to a station for more than 20 minutes or something like that it begins taping the channel auto. I have 100 hours on my radio and when I listen to it all I erase it and tape it again.

I also buy iTunes for my iPhone.

3. Snrm

SnrmActive Member

Threads:
    I mainly stick to Itunes but if Amazon has a deal going on I will buy from them. I listen to a lot of underground rap and dubstep so a lot of the artists I listen to put up their music for free on datpiff.com. I guess I am lucky with the genre that I like :p!

4. zeus02

zeus02Member

Threads:

to be honest I just download them, But if I like the artist I buy their cds for support specially if it is a local artist or band.
    I have an Ipod that has like 40gb of music, and I can say that only 10 percent of them were bought.

5. MasterProX

MasterProXMember

Threads:
    I never buy music. I never have, and I don't plan on spending money on it either.

6. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:
    Well now, just because you download something doesn't mean it's illegally done. I mean most of the songs I've downloaded have been free singles given out as promotions by the groups and artists themselves or by a website that has permission to do such. That said I don't believe in paying for music if I haven't got to. I mean most albums are so shoddily put together that only one or two songs will gather my attention as is. Still, I do like eMusic when they're offering a month or so of free music if I'll hang about for a while (and aren't charging me on the sly).

7. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    I'm an old fashioned girl, so I still buy CDs. I wouldn't know how to work itunes or whatever, as I don't have an ipod, and can't ever see me getting one. Sometimes, when I'm at my son's place and I say I like a particular album, he'll download it for me, and burn it off to CD, but it's not something I'd be comfortable with - supposing I knew how to do it in the first place. I really don't do technical!

8. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    neutral-pirate-poker-face.

I download most albums with torrents (TPB has every good album I know, millions of artists, seeders, etc.) but I still do buy some CDs from my favorite bands every now and then. They're not cheap at all in local stores, though.

9. Linky

LinkyExpert

Threads:
    I have always bought music but I no longer buy CDs, in fact the last CD I bought was many years ago. Now, I just get or buy music from the artists website. You can often get good deals, discounts and even free samples legally and happily. (-:

10. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    I definitely purchase via iTunes. I still buy CD sometimes when I really want to have a tangible copy of an album although it's very rare. I prefer getting them on the internet these days.

11. razelia

razeliaActive Member

Threads:
    For my favorite artist, which is really only ONE artist, I buy all her CDs (all versions, take note. I know I'm obsessed). For anyone else - iTunes store.

12. Grumpy

GrumpyActive Member

Threads:
    I don't buy music at all anymore, although I used to buy a lot of CD's to listen to. Now, I download music for free from the internet, and I do it legally via YouTube too. Since the licence allows you to do so, it's legal and you can get music for free without needing to worry about any legalities in it at all.

13. racechick79

racechick79Active Member

Threads:
    We use iTunes. Mostly because we have an iPad and for quite a few of the holidays people have gotten us iTunes gift cards as gifts. And since we can't always find apps that we really need or want, we often will use the gift cards to buy music. I do have to agree with one of the other posts about it not necessarily being illegal downloads. We have a radio station that we listen to that gives out one free song a week on their website, so we make sure to go and download it whenever we get a chance!

14. violino

violinoMember

Threads:
    Oh, come on, seriously? :p

But no, I haven't bought CD for a very long time. It's just there are not many albums I'd like to have - I only like single songs, one or two usually. If I buy I do it online, somehow. But not many, to be honest.

15. Grumpy

GrumpyActive Member

Threads:
    Thanks. Yeah, downloading music from the internet isn't illegal at all. What is illegal is some sources which allow you to do it, for example, peer to peer sharing networks. They're illegal. Downloading directly from sites like YouTube and MetaCafe isn't illegal whatsoever.

16. zeus02

zeus02Member

Threads:
    Exactly if its on the net there are chances that they are legal 50% of the time thou.

17. summerRain

summerRainMember

Threads:
    I download music but sometimes (if I have some extra pennies), I still buy CDs. I download music from youtube alone..

18. katniss

katnissActive Member

Threads:
    I buy on iTunes and play it on my ipod because it's small and you can bring it around with easier. With a CD, you have to carry the CD player around and it's kinda big. New albums are generally the same or cheaper on Itunes while older albums are often on sale or cheaper anyway at Cd stores though.

19. ValerieAnne

ValerieAnneMember

Threads:
    I still buy CDs, but only if it's something I can't purchase as an MP3 download from a site like iTunes. This would be imports that I may want that are country restricted to not be sold in America. The CDs I do buy, I just transfer to my computer/mp3 player and don't really deal with them after that.

20. kittykarina

kittykarinaActive Member

Threads:
    It depends. If I like all the songs from a particular artist I want to own the CD. If I only want a few songs I will use Spotify to download them to my computer. It is free for the computer but if you want to access the songs on your phone you have to pay a small fee. I also use Pandora alot.