Buying music

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by xcmiller93x • May 12, 2012.

1. cindy007

cindy007New Member

Threads:
    Usually, I will just download my music especially if there are only a few songs from that artist that I like anyways. The convenience of it is nice. I still buy cds, but I will only do that if I really, really like the artist. I will always buy the cd for my favorite band the Jonas Brothers. Plus, there is just something about the feeling of getting to hold the music in your hand.

2. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    I buy CDs from certain artists. I'll download from Amazon whatever I can't find through my Zune Pass. Other than that, I download most of my music through my Zune Pass without a limit, keep 10 songs a month and then do the same the next month. I've never used iTunes.

3. Adeal4u

Adeal4uActive Member

Threads:
    I download songs from YouTube also. I use Zamzar to convert the file to an MP3, so technically I've done nothing wrong. I don't like to pay for CD's anymore because they get scratched. MP3 can never get scratch and they won't skip when you play them. You can fit more songs on an MP3 player, than playing songs in a CD changer. The only way I would buy a CD is if it was better quality than an MP3. The same way Blu-ray's are high quality movies, they need to make a HD audio CD, and then I will start to buy CD's again.

4. NopGuy

NopGuyActive Member

Threads:
    To be honest, my music is a mixed bag of sources. Often times, it'll be a fan made song about a series which they can't claim money off of for licensing purposes, so they distribute it for free through sites like MediaFire. Though for more modern and current songs, I try to use my public library's FreeGal system where I get 3 free music downloads weekly. Other times, my music library is filled with OSTs and soundtracks from video games and anime which are crazy expensive to import so I end up downloading them in less than legal matters.

Though if I'm really cheap on getting music from CDs, I'll go to my local library and borrow it to import into iTunes. I usually don't buy from iTunes though because my computer hates running the iTunes Store for any reason.

5. izzypopa

izzypopaNew Member

Threads:
    I purchase music from Itunes because i believe that producers need all the money they can get, with that being said i only support the little guys as they are my main interest in music, all the big superstars like Lady Gaga are too rich for the little work they actually do

6. andrew320

andrew320Active Member

Threads:
    I haven't purchased any music in such a long time. If I do, it'll be that amazing Johann Sebastian Bach box set that has all of his music. But other than that, I listen to all of the music on YouTube and if it's public domain, like most of the old music I listen to is, I'll download it off of YouTube using those MP3 converter websites.

7. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't buy CD's anymore and I just download those free mp3's and movies online, but once in a while when I see a DVD movie that I like on sale then I will buy it.

8. schomeearnings

schomeearningsBanned

Threads:
    I must admit that I try to find the music for free online first, then if I cannot find it, I would ask my friends and family if they have the CD, if they say yes, then I will ask them can I use it. I let them know I am going to just download it on my PC or Laptop. Once I have it downloaded, I just upload the music from their CD onto my MP3 player. Now, if my friends or family do not have it I just break down and purchase a song on iTunes. I had a eMusic account, but iTunes is way better! It is hard to avoid not getting music free when it is available right in front of your eyes!

9. schomeearnings

schomeearningsBanned

Threads:
    Sidney,

I can completely agree with you about the DVD's. I will wait until a movie comes out on a Free Movie Streaming website. I never really download the movies I just watch the movies. I try to wait until the Quality is good that way I can enjoy the movie. Sometimes on those Free Movie Sites it can take forever for the movie to load, so I can just imagine what it would be like trying to download one. If I watch the movie and I like it I know when the DVD is actually released it is worth purchasing. Now, every once in awhile, if my husband and I go on a date night we may go to a movies, but then it is a Matinee or Dollar Movie and out to eat. I never really download the DVD's I just watch the movies.

10. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I only buy music from artists that are.. let's say.. worth my time, and actually want my money.

Yes, that sounds weird, but let me explain; if an artist won't give me a choice in what I'm buying, or can't offer a satisfying enough buy, they don't want my money. If an artist only sells physical CDs with postage more than the cost of the medium.. they don't want my money. If they only sell digital at places that discriminate toward my geographic location by inflating the prices for no other reason than not living where they want me to.. they don't want my money, and they don't deserve it. I don't care if they signed a contract which strips them of the right to have say in a distribution; that's not my problem. As a customer, they will either give me satisfying enough product, or I'm going to take my business elsewhere.

11. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I can't remember the last time I purchased a CD, it was a very long time ago. I download the majority of my music and my brother is a DJ so I don't really need to buy any. We have the same taste in music and he shares his music with me.

12. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't buy much music. If I can find a CD from any of my favorite old school artists, then I will buy the CD or the mp3. For old school music, I prefer the CD. I don't much buy new music. I just listen to Pandora and Spotify for that.

13. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I miss Pandora. Spotify is kinda dumb, though..

14. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    I am way too scared to get music illegally these days. I think it's because I have so many friends who have received threats that they are going to be sued $10k+ for one song. Now I just buy every song on Amazon instead of itunes. I use Amazon gift cards to get music for free too.

15. melovesengland

melovesenglandMember

Threads:
    I still buy CD's, I have a little collection of them thats why I entertains Cd's still. I always use spotify indoors as it is free and listen to the radio when Im out.

16. tweety23

tweety23Member

Threads:
    I've never bought a CD with my own money and probably never will. I use iTunes to download my music.