Buying my diva sister a present

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Jonah Glover • Dec 21, 2012.

1. Jonah Glover

Jonah GloverNew Member

Threads:
    Hey guys,

My sister is big into beauty and I want to get her something centered around that for Christmas I can spend maybe $50, and I still have a few weeks before she visits and I give it to her. Does anybody have any suggestions?

Keep in mind I am an 18 year old guy who knows NOTHING about this kind of stuff.

2. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    You could buy her a professional make up kit. I bought my sister a fancy make up kit for her birthday and she loved it. Girls usually love make up so you can't really go wrong if you buy her a decent set with cool gadgets etc.

3. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    This is a difficult question to answer, not knowing your sister. Beauty products are often extremely personal, and I can imagine her throwing a fit if you buy her the wrong thing. Have you heard her talking about any specific thing or product? Perhaps you could ask one of her girlfriends?

4. Kaybee517

Kaybee517Active Member

Threads:
    Buy her a gift certificate to a local nail shop for a manicure-pedicure. I'm in NYC area and the cost is around $25. I guarantee she'll use it. Diva's got to get her nails and toes done!

5. Treighsie

TreighsieActive Member

Threads:
    Or a gift card to Sephora? They sell make up.

6. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    That's a great idea, actually. Sephora or Carol's Daughter.

7. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    You can get her a professional make up kit or something like that. Maybe get her a makeup and hairstyle book something like that.

8. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    Why not give her a gift card for her make-up. I bet she will love you for that one since you do not know what colors or tones that she likes. There is a lot of make-up places you can go for that and she will be all set to pick her own.

9. Autismamak8

Autismamak8New Member

Threads:
    I would definitely get her a sephora gift card and a note that says she's already beautiful, then you'd be the best sibling ever haha! You can even buy the gift cards online I believe.

10. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I agree with most of the suggestions here, just buy her a gift card instead, so that she will be the one to choose the item that she really likes best.