Buying Name Brands At The Thrift Stores.

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by kamai • Oct 30, 2016.

1. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't bought anything at the thrift store myself but when I go I do find very great deals on name brands. My mom never let me buy used clothes so I got used to that and I don't buy any but I like to look.

Do you guys shop at the thrift stores? Do you find saving a lot more?

I have also seen other items other than apparel such as home decor and look like in good condition. Maybe someday I will buy something there.

2. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love to shop at thrift stores, and I also agree that you can get some awesome bargains on name brand items at the thrift stores. Some stores are more aware of the brand names than other stores, and those thrift stores usually put a high price tag on items that are a name brand. Some of the smaller stores are not as aware of this, and they just think that a purse is a purse, and price them all about the same.
    The best deal that I ever got was at such a small thrift store. They had a box of dishes that they were asking $5 for the whole box, and I immediately bought the box of dishes. The set was an older Franciscan pattern, Red Apple, which was worth around $500 for the whole box when I checked the prices for each piece online.

3. pwarbi

pwarbiActive Member

Threads:
    Times have certainly changed, and here in the UK even when I was growing up, shopping in the second hand shops was something that people used to try and hide and they'd be embarrassed about. I'm sure that most people did it, they just would lie when you asked them here they got something from because they didn't want people to know.

These day's though I think it's more acceptable to shop in thrift stores as more and more people are concious that they have to try and save money as and when they can. Now people are actually boasting when they have found a bargain rather than pretending it was expensive and that can only be a good thing for the stores, as well as a good thing for people in general as now we don't all have to pretend we are more well off than what we actually are!

4. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    You are right I have also noticed that. I remember having a friend who would always shop there because the clothing was less expensive, obviously. He was afraid to tell me he did because he thought I would laugh at him, of course I didn't since I am not like that. Now I see that thrift store shopping is kind of a trend. Good to see that things have changed in that aspect.

5. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    I've never shopped at thrift stores either and mostly because I wouldn't want to wear someone else's wears. I have bought a few used games for cheap. I'm dead against buying used shoes, hats or socks. I would probably buy a shirt if it's a good deal but that's about it.

6. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    I guess whenever I go to a thrift store or a discount store or something like that, I always really check for the more recognizable brands to see if they are at low prices. Even if they are a little more, the deal might be better when you compare them.

7. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    I used to shop at thrift shops years back. Since we grew up we stopped shopping in such stores. I recall having one of the best deals in such shops. Strangely the most appealing products are found in such shops!

8. Sandy Mayfield

Sandy MayfieldMember

Threads:
    I haven't been to a thrift shop in years, I just don't see any near me whenever I drive. When I did I would get books from there because I am a bookaholic. I know a lot of people buy name brand clothing from thrift stores though and they are in pretty good condition typically.