Buying New Items Frugally

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Decentlady • Nov 9, 2016.

1. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    I am often troubled when it comes to buying a new product for the first time. Usually such products if bought in packs of 4 or 5 gives good discount than buying singly. However, the dilemma I face is would I like this product? What if it is bad? I will not only be wasting cash but also will be stuck with using it for longer period.

What should be done in such cases?

2. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    Well, to avoid having regrets then you should just stick to the brands that you're familiar with so that you know that the money is worth it. Like in our case, we buy soap and shampoo in packs. We buy the brand that we usually use, so that saves us some money.

3. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    You can ask if a friend or relative is willing to try the new product and split the price between you. This is what I do whenever I try Watson's store products which are on Buy 1 Take 1 prices. Other than that, you can look for a sampler and if there's none, then you'll really have to buy it singly which is expectedly more expensive.

4. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    I totally agree with your point, except in a situation where one purposely wants to experiment or try other brands. I am scared not to buy things in bulk that are not good enough and get stucked there since I bought a larger quantity of them.

5. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    For new brands, we always rely on the opinion of people in our circle before buying. But in case no one yet have tried and we wanted to test the product then we ask for a sample otherwise we would buy a small amount only. In the past, we had experienced buying a bundle of products that turned out to be below our standards.

6. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    @tonyb@tonyb, The solution to that if you just want to experiment on new brands is to just buy in sachets. That way, you won't waste your money, since sachets are really cheap. It helps to research online too about different product reviews for you to get an idea how good or bad the product is.

7. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    I suggest you buying a single of the product first to try it out, I know buying in packs can save you money but I think it would be a bigger waste if the product doesn't work. Sometimes smaller sample versions are sold so that's what I usually purchase when I want to test out a product.

8. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    If you just want to try something out, purchase the least amount possible such as a small bottle or pouch of shampoo or whatever else you want. If it's good, you can always go back and buy more of it and if it isn't, you only spent a bit of money on it and you won't have to use it for too long. That is what I usually do with products I'm not so sure of but most of the time, the deal is okay.

9. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    It is always a choice to make, and you just have to weigh that risk into it I guess. Hopefully you know the product well enough to be able to tell before hand, but maybe you get a bad one here or there. Live and learn and pay attention.