Buying Olympic Games Items

Discussion in Misc & Others started by Theo • Aug 8, 2016.

1. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I noticed in the shops there is so much Olympic branded gear from t-shirts, banners, keyrings, lunchboxes, mouse mats etc, but will they be worth anything in the long run? Will they be collectors items or will they just go on sale in a few weeks time?

Personally I haven't bought anything, but I do wonder if some items would be valuable in say a decade?

2. cocolgooh

cocolgoohActive Member

Threads:
    It's possible they could be collectors items in a few years time. However I tend to buy them just because they're regular things I'd use anyway. For example when the olympics is over the olympics themed things will come down in price. I've been able to get things like pens for just a few pennies which is really handy. I've also been able to get cheap items because of their packaging being olympics themed.

3. rz3300

rz3300Active Member

Threads:
    Well I am not that they would be of any particular value, unless something historical happens maybe. I could be wrong, though, but I would have to be pretty sure that they would grow in value if I were going this route. My general rule of thumb is to not buy clothes unless I NEED them, so I think that these are out of the question for me. If you do get some, I hope that they turn out being valuable for you. Thanks for sharing

4. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If I'm being totally honest, I'm not really big into the olympics. So really, all the merchandise doesn't appeal to me at all, even if it did become valuable in the future. I just see it as a pile of tatt LOL Of course, if that's your sort of thing, it'll mean something to you. But I don't even bother watching it TV, unless I happen to stumble across something as i'm flicking through the channels. I wouldn't be surprised if they did become very valuable and sell for ridiculous amounts of money on eBay or something in a decade, though. There are some crazy, rich people out there.

5. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well I am no sports fan at all, so I couldn't care less about the Olympics, but I think to answer your question, then looking for Olympics memorabilia on Ebay, Craigslist, etc. can make us aware of how much these items fetch nowadays, especially the souvenirs of past Olympics. Then we can gauge how much the current Olympic items can be sold in 10 years.