Buying Online & Returning Items In Store

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by ohiotom76 • Apr 1, 2016.

1. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    If you are buying items online, and assume you can just return them to the stores brick and mortar locations, something you need to keep an eye out for is if you are buying directly from the retailer or one of their affiliate vendors.

I recently purchased a sweater at Sears.com, and when it arrived, I realized it was too big. So I tried to return it to the store but they could not accept the return, because I had actually purchased it from some third party company who also has their products listed on their site. So instead I had to ship it back to them directly, losing out on the shipping costs.

Sites like Kmart.com, Sears.com, Wal-Mart.com and others also allow other companies to list their products on their site, so you're not always getting the items shipped from the actual retailer.

2. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't mind if an item delivered is faulty and I can go to the store for a refund or replacement. But the online store that we patronize doesn't have a store. They just deal online and delivery. For replacements, we have to bring the item to LBC, a courier service. In fairness, there is no charge. And the replacement is sent in the usual way - to be delivered to our door steps. But we have experienced a replacement that didn't acknowledge the problem. In other words, they just sent back the faulty item. Lazada is the name of the online store.

3. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I don't that that system will benefit them for too long. Once enough people realize how much of a pain this is they will start shopping somewhere else. Personally I think they should just make a better system in a way that they can take responsibility for third parties listing items with them and subsequently also accept the returns for those products as well because making it complicated for the customer like this is not very wise especially in this age where switching to another store is as easy as pressing another tab.

4. knitmehere

knitmehereMember

Threads:
    This is one of those reasons that you ALWAYS read the return policy before you purchase something online that you think there is any possibility of having to return. In a lot of cases, you're better off just going and seeing if they have it in the store.

5. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, it just makes sense to know the return policies of online stores, because even if you think you have a quality product. It might not be. I still remember the kayak paddle I bought that literally left me up a creek without a paddle. The thing just fell apart! Fortunately, I was able to return it for a full refund! Thank God I was close to shore.