Buying Painted Items

Discussion in Misc & Others started by remnant • Jul 18, 2017.

1. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    Some items like roofing sheets and farm implements come complete with
    a coat of paint, sometimes at no extra cost. Even when there is an
    extra cost, its worth due to the fact that factory painted items have
    a long lasting boat which doesn't chip easily.

2. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    Some paints last long while others do not. We recently purchased a bicycle and we chose this particular bike because of its appearance. Unknowingly, the paint is not so strong that it fades quickly so we're oblige to repaint it. So there, I thought we could save a bit by spending more because of the item that we got since it looks pretty and neat but we were wrong. We should've just bought the plain one at a lower price and just do the painting ourselves instead.

3. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    If it were free then I would let them do a paint job but it costs I wouldn't really want to pay as I wouldn't trust the quality because of bad experiences I've had. Like once I wanted to buy a roof for a small business my dad was starting and they asked if I wanted it painted but it was an extra cost. I did pay for it and they got the job done but little did I know that the paint would start chipping off a month later.

4. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    If you were selling furniture and wanted to make more sales, I suppose one strategy would involve adding a paint job at no extra cost. Nonetheless, maybe some people like painting furniture. How about you all?

5. tallulah

tallulahActive Member

Threads:
    I would really prefer to buy a painted item over a plain one. A plain item will cost more to get it painted in the long run. If you have the materials at home for a DIY painting, then maybe you can. Sometimes, in the way of saving money, you make decisions where you end up spending more. This has happened to me a couple of time. So Im always wary of trying to save too much and end of spending more in the near future to either repair or replace.

6. morgoodie

morgoodieActive Member

Threads:
    I would rather have it already painted as I am not much of a DIYer. I don't have the materials to do this type of work at home so I would have to buy everything. I think if it comes from reputable source then there should be no problem with the paint job or maybe a limited warranty on the item in case something happens to it a short time down the road. The furniture that I buy is typically stained versus painted and stain doesn't come off so I don't have to worry about that aspect.