Buying Ready-made Clothes To Save Stitching Cost

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by moondebi • Jun 8, 2017.

1. moondebi

moondebiActive Member

Threads:
    There was a time when I used to buy only dress materials to get them stitched later. Ready made clothes were never been my choice as you do not get the desired fitting.

However, these days, I mostly buy ready made clothes because of exorbitant stitching cost. Sometimes the tailoring charge crosses the cost of the dress material itself. I can even buy an extra dress by saving on stitching cost of a single material.

Do you buy ready made clothes to save the stitching cost?

2. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    I always buy ready made clothes to save stitching cost as well as the effort. There are various designs to choose from and most of them are not that expensive so I'm totally fine with it. The only thing is that sometimes, even if there's a dress that I want so bad, I just can't get it simply because it won't fit me so there goes the idea of making my own dress. Well I like to make my own clothes though so I can design it however I like as it will also fit me perfectly :)

3. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    Some clothes are cheaper to buy ready made while some are cheaper when custom made. Office suits, for one, are cheaper if you buy the textile and have it done to your specifications by a local seamstress. But, when it comes to casual clothes, there are so much more competitively priced options at malls, My clothes are mostly RTW, though, because they're more convenient to buy unlike custom-made clothes that take 3 or more days to complete. In addition, with RTW, you can fit it and decide right away if you look good in it.

4. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    Ready-to-wear clothes have posted a strong challenge to custom made wear. A number of available tailors and seamstresses have significantly diminished over the years because ready-made clothes are cheaper and more easily accessible than the tailored equivalent. It seems that the numbers of these makers of custom made are significantly being reduced year after year and there will probably be a time when you may have to probably travel a considerable distance to locate one.

5. RogMeet

RogMeetNew Member

Threads:
    The last time I stitched my clothes was 2 years back when I required a suit. It was my brothers wedding and I was longing for a suit. So, I finally decided to get myself one stitched so that it perfectly fits me and yes, as you mentioned, it costed me a lot. Nowadays when I go to a clothing store I find much better outfits at a very cheap and an easily affordable rates rather than getting the clothes stitched and the sizes available are also quite comfortable for me and hence I follow stitching no more.

6. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    I always buy ready made clothes as I can always go to different stores to get exactly what I want and try it on to make sure I will be using them. I find stitching too expensive around here and would only go to do some stitching if only the clothing was too valuable and want to get it fixed if it no longer fits me. The times I have gone to go stitching is very rare.

7. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I found that if you window shop at Ross Dept. Store or Walmart, you'll find very good clothing and very reasonable costs. I found a pair of shorts for just $3! It's even cheaper than a thrift store buy, lol! I was so happy I got some really nice shorts for summer and at a price I love too, lol! It's okay if you can afford the luxury of custom seamstress for your clothing will fit you to a t.

8. Gad

GadMember

Threads:
    In my country, it is the other way. When someone needs cheap clothing, they always buy the material and have it turned into a clothing by a dressmaker. However, that takes a lot of time and the results are not cosmetically pleasing. People have in turn resulted in buying second-hand clothes. If done at the right places, one gets to purchase awesome clothes at very low prices. They are also of good quality.

9. harijobs

harijobsActive Member

Threads:
    I always buy readymade clothes as most of the time they will be a perfect fit for me plus I save the stitching cost. Nowadays, the stitching cost has been hiked and it is better to buy a readymade set than buying the material and stitching it.

10. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    I have always bought ready made clothes because it's more convenient, and I also don't know how to sew, so I will pay more for sewing labor if I buy only the fabric. Made to order clothes are mostly purchased by obese people or those who are buying costumes from what I have noticed.

11. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    I do that a lot nowadays I buy already made clothes not just to save money only but for convenience too. I have tried both as in buying already made and paying the tailor to sew clothes. Sometimes the tailors don't deliver on the agreed date especially when they are having too many jobs to attend to same period. I just like getting my things don't fast and getting already made clothes serves me better.