Buying Software Online

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by ADSSOLSN • Apr 11, 2017.

1. ADSSOLSN

ADSSOLSNMember

Threads:
    hello fellows, i am formatting my laptop and would like to load it with new software. from the operating system, drivers and all other software.
    although i know i get laptop hardware online, i don't know one stop shopping site for software. Any suggestions?

2. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    I think you can just search for free software first, then if you are satisfied with the free version but would like to avail of the added features, then that's the time that you can consider purchasing software. I recommend buying Spy Shelter, it protects your PC from keyloggers and other malicious software trying to steal your information.

3. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    Yes there are enough free software available for each purpose. So better you try out free software first before going for direct purchase. But make sure you don't download anything from unknown vendors. There are many good companies which is offering free software.

Purchasing thing is depend on usage. If you want something at professional level then purchasing is okay but for general use I am okay with freebies only.

4. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    I don't usually do this kind of online shopping, but whenever I need I ask for the help of a friend who understands more about it than I do. So I feel more confident about spending my money on something that will suit me properly... After all, spending money for nothing isn't cool. :)

5. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    @Shine_Spirit@Shine_Spirit Actually, even if you don't have a friend that is knowledgeable about software, you can always just google for software reviews online, most of the time it will help you evaluate the product better, just make sure that the review is not from the manufacturer itself. Read the ones from Cnet, for example.

#5Apr 25, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2017
  6. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    @moneymania@moneymania Yes, I know that I can count on the reviews of other buyers that are available online (and there really are many available), but... Being sincere, I don't feel totally comfortable with them (because I don't think they're all true... so I always look for a friend who understands about the subject).

#6Apr 25, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2017
  7. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    @Shine_Spirit@Shine_Spirit, Well although it's true that you will enccounter several paid reviews, you should narrow your seach on those negative reviews first, because for sure if the review is negative, then that's a genuine one, and you should just weigh the pros and cons of the product before buying.

8. ADSSOLSN

ADSSOLSNMember

Threads:
    @Shine_Spirit@Shine_Spirit Reviews can actually be deceiving, some of them are affiliate marketers who are looking to make a quick dime. So i rather get my advice from a Forum since most people are genuine. On the Software Downloads, i have decided to go with big Brands' sites like Microsoft.com, dell.com.
    they are a lot safer.

#8Apr 27, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2017
  9. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    Why not try out the free software first before deciding on buying. Like others have opined you should read reviews weigh the pros and cons before buying a software. And again be mindful of sites you visit, it's advisable to source from reputable and popular websites when trying to get software for security purposes.