Buying Walmart Online

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by efrain silva • Jan 7, 2017.

1. efrain silva

efrain silvaMember

Threads:
    Has anyone ever used the Walmart To Go program? Can anyone vouch for it or against it? I have only seen them in ads, billboards, and on TV. I wish to know more as to their reliability and overall customer satisfaction levels, as well as their guarantees. It seems to be an interesting system.

2. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    I bought an item from Walmart online once and was very satisfied. That didn't last too long as it got bad when I tried ordering groceries, they never even processed the order. Then I found out they discontinued the pay with paypal option so I just gave up on them.

3. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I look at Walmart online alot to compare prices, but I always end up using Amazon as I have gift codes I can use there, unlike Walmart which is strictly on a cash basis. I think in order to be more competitive they should offer coupon codes and so forth to people. Walmart does have the best prices on most items though, I will give them that.

4. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    In our country, we don't have Walmart. Instead, we have WalterMart, a different version of Walmart I guess because of the name. They also have online services and store wherein you can order and have your groceries delivered. This can be very convenient especially for busy people. I haven't tried it though but I also use their website to check prices and help me with the shopping lists :)

5. Penny

PennyActive Member

Threads:
    Walmart does not offer tracking on their larger items. I had a sofa simply not appear. The help line finally admitted that between leaving the warehouse and arriving at your door they haven't the faintest idea where the thing is. No item tracking, no idea what truck it was put on, if any. Getting a refund was also very difficult.

So... no. It's like Amazon Prime without any of the things that make Amazon Prime good. That is: huge range, tracked delivery, and no-questions-asked complete refund upon request.

6. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have never shopped for groceries online and picked them up at the store; but I do occasionally order something online, and then choose in-store pickup to save shipping costs. Some times, they have more closeout items online, and a better selection than you can find in the store. When I find a really good price on something that I need or want, then I order it, and pick it up at the little Walmart Neighborhood Market that is only about a mile away from where I live.
    Most of the time, I can get a better deal on Amazon, and free shipping since we have Prime; but I always shop around and see what I can find at the best price before making an order online, or at the store.

7. thisnthat

thisnthatActive Member

Threads:
    My mother was just telling me that Walmart was doing a free shipping thing for a limited time. She figured it was an attempt to compete with Amazon Prime. I'm sure there will be a membership fee sooner rather than later. I'm not sure they can compete with Prime though (as noted above).

Walmart just doesn't impress me much overall. Sure, it's convenient to get lots of different things in one stop (was great when the kids were little), but their selection and prices aren't what they used to be.

Frankly, I'd rather do business with Amazon. I do go to Walmart, since we don't have that many choices around here. Online, I have lots of choices. I'm not a "captive audience" when I shop online.

8. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    I am not the most intense online shopper out there, but I have avoiding the Walmart online for some reason. I just never really shop at the store, so I just figure I would pass here. I am not sure o any great savings they have so I think I am okay.

9. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That is a bit of a misnomer because as I understand it, you can only get Walmart "free shipping" if you spend at least 35 dollars. I am probably not going to spend that, so I don't think I will be getting free shipping. You have to fully understand what is happening with these concepts before you buy.

10. Penny

PennyActive Member

Threads:
    It is not a misnomer at all. This is an old thread, it is discussing the To Go program. This program was a complete and utter failure and so Walmart abandoned and cancelled it.

For some reason Walmart thought they could out-Amazon Amazon without having the selection, the delivery capability or the customer service resources. And as it turns out, not so much.

I bet that cost them an absolute fortune. They need to stick to what they do best: having big stores with cheap stuff in it, but at the cost of having staff who are completely untrained and an absolutely crap inventory and shipping system.

If they've got it, and you can find it on your own, it's probably going to be cheap. That's it for them.

11. Natasha0717

Natasha0717Active Member

Threads:
    I bought motorized exercise pedals from Walmart (online) and I couldn't believe how easy the process was. Just paid with my credit card on the computer, then waited for the email confirming that my order was ready for pick-up. I don't know if they ship directly to your home, but I do know that all I had to do was print out the receipt and go to my local Walmart to pick up the exercise pedals. You can choose whichever Walmart is closest to you as long as they have your product available. No problems whatsoever, very simple, pleasant experience. :)

12. melissa1024

melissa1024New Member

Threads:
    Yes on some items they ship directly to where ever you get your mail. I have ordered Christmas and birthday presents for my daughter like this for several years now and had no problems what so ever.