BUZZY- takes the sting out of getting shots....

Discussion in Product Reviews started by rymick • Apr 19, 2012.

1. rymick

rymickNew Member

Threads:
    I have not used this with my children- I think it's very new- but a friend of mine uses it and has only positive things to say. Normally, I would not give a third person review but becuase this can make a child's life a little more pleasant, I am going to go ahead and share what my friend has to say about this product...

It's called Buzzy and apparantly its basically a vibrating ice pack type of thing. Before your child goes for blood draws or immunizations or some other type of shot, you ice the area for less than a minute, then you move it to a different area while the shot is being administered and between the cooling and vibrating stimulation, the pain sensors are thrown off and the whole experience is less difficult on the child (and parent!). He says it is suitible for babies all the way up to age ten or twelve.

Like I said, I do not have first hand experience but if it helps even a little, it is worth trying as far as I am concerned.

My friend swears by it and I think it would probably make a good baby shower gift! Does anyone have any first hand experience, thoughts or comments about the product?

2. kinser

kinserActive Member

Threads:
    I've never heard of it, but it's a fantastic idea! Shots are so stressful for both the kids and the parent (and adults who are afraid of needles might like it too), that it can't hurt to try. Of course the psychological fear of the needle might still cause problems, but if you start using it on babies, they might never associate pain with getting shots. I agree it would make a great baby shower gift. Also an original one.

3. Kaycee J

Kaycee JActive Member

Threads:
    There are lots of folks out their who have to give themselves or a family member shots. Some of the preloaded pen style syringes (the kind where you push a button to give the injection) actually hurt more than traditional injections because the medication is injected very quickly. This might be a helpful product for people like that to have on hand. Thanks for the heads up!