Cable & Internet Together

Discussion in Phone, Internet & TV started by AngelicDevilTel • Feb 4, 2015.

1. AngelicDevilTel

AngelicDevilTelActive Member

Threads:
    This is something I am currently dealing with.

Okay so we have cable and internet through the same company (most people do I would assume), so both are on the bill. Our cable and internet were off yesterday so I had to use my phone as a hotspot so that I could do my work online.

Anyway, my mom calls me this morning and tells me that the bill must have been paid this morning because she was able to watch TV, so I get up and turn on the TV and indeed its working; so I am thinking the internet had to be working right?

But on the contrary; I try to connect WiFi on my phone, it connects but no signal; I try to see if my Roku works, its connected to the network but still no signal. Alright so I am getting a little irked now; I restart my computer and connect to the network AND.... NOTHING! The internet is still not working. Usually disabling and enabling wifi on my computer will fix the issue but it didn't and I am sure its not the router because the router also controls the cable and the cable is working just fine.

So I ask myself, how on earth can the bill be paid and the internet still not work?

Anybody else have cable and internet on the same bill?

2. westmixxin

westmixxinMember

Threads:
    They always try to get me to do this but I’m not really into the idea of having both put together because the price is always just to high.

3. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I do have them both on the same bill, but am about to cut the cord on the TV cable. It's just way too expensive, and unnecessarily so, in my opinion. They refuse to work with me to lower the cost, while persisting in blowing big bucks on advertisements and offering new customers $400 gift cards and tablets. I've explained to them how things work, and that if they provided a worthwhile service at a reasonable cost, and valued their existing customers, they could cut their advertising budget, and therefore their prices, but they just don't seem to understand business, so I've had it. In addition to that, the TV sometimes cuts out for no reason. It's throughout the neighborhood, not just my house, and they haven't fixed the issue, so I'm cutting the cord. I hope youre issue has been worked out by now, but if not, maybe you should consider a different company.

4. thatnewmommy

thatnewmommyActive Member

Threads:
    <<So I ask myself, how on earth can the bill be paid and the internet still not work?

Anybody else have cable and internet on the same bill?>>

We do. We have phone/internet/phone. Usually if they go down they all go down but after paying sometimes it takes a while for the cable box to reboot. You may want to check it's not a technical issue. Sometimes they "forget" to reboot the internet so a quick call can probably resolve the issue.

5. AngelicDevilTel

AngelicDevilTelActive Member

Threads:
    This seems to happen every once in a while; unfortunately there are only two companies that operate internet and cable where I live, and the other one was just as bad. I think the suburbs just has crappy internet; another reason I wanna go back to the city.