Cable Or Netflix?

Discussion in Phone, Internet & TV started by kamai • Oct 28, 2016.

1. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    I don't currently use any but if I were to purchase one which would you all recommend?

I would like the most convenient and useful choice. If you own any please do add your experience with them. I'm not planning on getting one anytime soon but it's an opinion for a friend.

2. fuzyon

fuzyonNew Member

Threads:
    I personally think Hulu is better than Netflix depending on what you watch, but I've noticed that shows get added quite slowly on Netflix while on Hulu they're up immediately after being broadcasted on TV.
    Cable hasn't been worth it for me for a few years now, I finally took the plunge a year ago and resigned my contract since the only thing that I was watching on TV were football matches which I can stream online now. If I were you I'd just go with Hulu, although Netflix is probably just as good.

3. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    Thank you for your suggestion. Hulu does sound like a nice option, to be honest I don't really know much about Netflix but Hulu does sound better. I like that the shows are shown right away that's a plus.

4. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have Hulu on hold, but will be resuming it next month. I've been using Netflix almost exclusively, although I've also watched some local programming via my computer, by signing into the sites for the local stations. They require me to sign in, which I'm able to do because I have local channel programming via AT&T. I put the Hulu on hold for a bit a few months back because I was trying to watch everything off of my DVR before shutting it off. Now that I have done that, I might get more use out of Hulu when I reactivate it.

Ultimately, I'm considering getting rid of the local channel programming via my cable provider, keeping the internet though, and signing up with Sling TV. I've heard Hulu is expanding their package to include Sling type services, but at about twice the cost, and I'm not willing to pay that much.

5. Belovedad

BelovedadActive Member

Threads:
    Internet. Not gonna lie but we're mostly here to save money right? Well instead of paying that bill once a month, I just pay one bill which is the internet bill and use it to my heart's content. I can watch every and anything on it so why not?

6. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    If it's one or the other, I'd choose Netflix because you can actually choose what you want and can watch that series whenever and for as long as you want. Cable on the other hand, has a schedule, doesn't have all the movies you want unless you pay a huge amount and when a series is done, it's done.

7. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    I am using the cable for our TV and movies to watch. I am cable connection has a very limited channels just in the case of watching the boxing bout of our Philippine icon boxer, Manny Pacquiao. We have to inform the cable provider that we want to see the actual fight of Manny Pacquiao, then they connect us or give us the channel where to view the fight. I have heard or read in the Internet especially in the Facebook about the ads of Netflix. I haven't tried it for this time.

8. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    I have a combination of Netflix, HBO and Hulu and I have to say that it really does cover all of my needs. I just do not need cable, and with those plus what you can get on the computer, I would rather just save the fifty or so dollars a month and spend it elsewhere.

9. Natasha0717

Natasha0717Active Member

Threads:
    My Dad has been talking about changing from Comcast to something else lately. I've been getting a little nervous about it, because I really like Comcast, AND I still have the original Comcast cable box. When the cable guy came here to switch everybody's boxes to the new and improved ones, I declined, and decided to keep my old one. I don't know what told me to do that, but I am so glad that I did. The cable seems to go out a lot lately, but not in my room! My old-fashioned cable box never goes out, and there are times when my TV is the only one in the whole house actually getting stations.

I have never used Netflix. I'm totally satisfied with Comcast, and I really hope we don't change to something else. o_O

10. JoushaP

JoushaPNew Member

Threads:
    I actually had both at one point in my life. But they are not necessary for every day life. You can have 100 channels and when you go to watch TV, there's nothing on that you like.

Basically, you should question every bill that comes in and ask yourself do you really need it? I'd rather have internet connection as that takes care of shopping, bill payments, TV shows, and you can get netflix for free if you're resourceful.

Don't be a slave to the grind and pay for things when there are other avenues out there that are comparably free.

11. luisalex96

luisalex96Member

Threads:
    The ascent of Web spilling administrations like Netflix, Hulu In addition to and Amazon Prime has embedded some appreciated rivalry into the commercial center, giving tolerant link clients an option they've pined for a considerable length of time.

In the course of recent years, conventional link organizations have seen their general subscribership drop. The client can watch whatever they need, at whatever point they need on whatever gadget they need. So for me, Netflix is the champ.

12. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    Netflix on its own is really not all that great, but it is enough to satisfy my television needs. These days I really just use it for background noise while I do other things, but if you are are more into it than you might want to add another service, but no cable. I think that is out of the question for me now.

13. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    We have just had Netfix in our country but it is not available due to slow internet connection in my area. I am sure it would take another one year or so before we shall start using Netfix. However, the rates offered by company are too attractive to resist the offer.

14. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    I think it's better to subscribe in Netflix since there are a lot of TV series to choose from and you can watch them at your convenient time, if you're after with TV series. Cable isn't really needed in our area nowadays since we have the internet and you can watch and listen to whatever you want, including news, online and live streaming as well as TV Series like on Netflix and other similar websites.

15. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    While Netflix is still not widely acceptable choice for me due to the slow net connection in my area I am still stuck with cable.

I still have the freedom to choose the channels that I wish to watch instead of getting all that a lackage has to offer hence it is better costwise. Plus the fact that I can choose to go without cables for some months and then resume whenever I desire again is another benefit.

16. Binu

BinuActive Member

Threads:
    I rely on cable. We have direct to home service installed form cable TV we pay around $7 to watch 150 plus Channels. I have never tried switching to netflix because of slow internet connection and high cost of internet in my place. If I choose to watch netflix,I have t pay at least $17 per month.

17. Kaushik Angara

Kaushik AngaraActive Member

Threads:
    In India, cable is the best choice. Netflix is way costlier in India. For cable services, we pay $3.5 a month and can watch over 125+ channels. Netflix's charges are high and most of the TV series that I watch aren't available on Netflix. Also, Netflix consumes a lot of internet data and hence I prefer watching TV series and movies through my cable connection at home.

18. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    From experience (I have both here at home) I can say that the two methods are very effective. However, considering the fact that you can control what to watch and where to watch, I think Netflix gains a certain advantage in the final result.

So, for me... Netflix wins the war! ;)

19. kingcool52

kingcool52Active Member

Threads:
    Netflix all day long because half the time there is just nothing worth watching on cable TV. Plus Netflix is on demand so I can watch my favourite shows whenever I want without a worry. Netflix also has a way better selection especially their exclusive show which are just worth every penny that you pay for the subscription

20. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    We have Netflix here that works perfectly where I am living these days and I have the access on almost all channels that I want to see but I use it rarely due to shortage of time but as it's part of the package so I don't mind it. By the way, I have free plan for the first month with no commitment whatsoever and I can cancle it any time. Later I can pick any plan from AU$ 8.99, 11.99 or 14.99. I have 11.99 plan in my mind which supports HD.