Cable Vs Satellite Vs Antenna Tv

Discussion in Misc & Others started by Jason76 • Mar 7, 2017.

1. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    What is the best bargain? Note, the satellite is often cheaper. Nonetheless, bad weather can make it go out. As far as cable is concerned, one advantage is the fact customers might not have to sign a long contract.

Finally, antenna TV is totally free. Nonetheless, there just isn't much on it. At the most, someone living in a big US city might get more than 10 channels.

2. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We have 2 kinds of cable tv connections, one is a physical cable installed in 2001 and the other is a satellite dish installed last year. The dish experiences an involuntary disconnection during a bad weather but it is tolerable because we don't use the tv to avoid the lightning.

Regarding the cost, the satellite is 50% more expensive than the cable. But in fairness, the satellite has more than 3 times the number of channels and so many good channels too like Fox sports and movie channels.

3. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    In our case, we have to TV connections. One is via TV antenna and the other one is a subscription with a cable. But later, I disconnected our TV antenna and maintained the cable connection. Sad to say, however, it was disconnected for we were able to pay our monthly subscriptions for several months. I didn't reconnect it. I bought an exclusive TV network gadget which locks our TV viewing to the said network. For movie viewing, I have to load a certain amount to see that movie every week end. As of now, I am contented with it.

4. thisnthat

thisnthatActive Member

Threads:
    Before they changed everything, we got lots of free channels where I grew up (not where I live now). I think my mother gets about a dozen now. She's okay with that.

We could get only one station by airwave, and it was fuzzy. It may have been better if we had an antenna. That was years ago too. Now, even with an antenna, we really can't get much.

Satellite and cable packages are pretty terrible though, at least the ones on offer here. A new one will be available soon that might be better, but for now, I'll stick with my streaming services like Netflix and Amazon.

5. FolkArtist

FolkArtistActive Member

Threads:
    I was just thinking back how people used to have cable and how expensive it was,and then satellite came out and became more popular,so I would guess they are both kind of long gone but not quite? I have had both cable and satellite in the past and now just stream movies and TV shows with chromecast,but also I have a antenna for the local channels and you get a lot of sports and TV shows on these channels so you can be quite satisfied with this setup.