Cake pop maker

Discussion in As Seen on TV started by beckyv1265 • May 10, 2012.

1. beckyv1265

beckyv1265Active Member

Threads:
    I bought the cake pop maker. I had a little trouble getting the right amount of cake mix in the holder. I also didn't like the plastic cake holders for the pops. I used wooden popsical sticks with no issues. Its a long process and messy, but the kids loved making them. The pan worked fine once I got the hang of the amount of batter.

2. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I was wondering how well those pans work. Back when I first made cake pops, it was the ones that were so popular where icing was mixed into the cakeball itself. Now they're so popular and the pans are -just- cake batter, right? And then you dip them in chocolate or whatever like you normally would?

3. PubD

PubDMember

Threads:
    I've seen these at Walmart for about $15, and been tempted. How much batter do you put in each one? I like the idea of putting icing inside... is that possible with these things?

4. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I don't think it would be possible to put icing in those machines, PubD. The reason being is that the makers are intended to bake the cake balls into that shape, so you would be putting in raw cake batter. The way I make them is using cooked cake and then the icing is mixed in with that.

5. PubD

PubDMember

Threads:
    Well, a cake ball maker isn't something I NEED, but it looks fun enough that I'll put it on my Christmas list. :D

6. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    Well, thank you for the review. I have seen these advertised on TV, and actually wondered if they worked as good as they claimed. So apparently they do work, but there is work involved and it could be messy. So even though it does work, its not as simple as the commercial makes it seem.

7. LovelyLanie

LovelyLanieMember

Threads:
    This is definitely something I would consider getting if my kid was younger. He's 15 now and more interested in video games and girls than baking cakes with mommy.:cool: I am sure though that he wouldn't turn his nose up to eating them if I did make the effort.:rolleyes:

8. HughIvar

HughIvarBanned

Threads:
    And then you dip them in chocolate or whatever like you normally would?

9. FlanneryCam

FlanneryCamActive Member

Threads:
    I've been seeing these cake pop pans in TJ Maxx and I've thought about picking one up. But I'm thinking how is it possible to transport these if you want to bring cake pops to school or something? Anyone have any ideas? Because I really want to buy a pan, and appreciate the reviews here, but can't figure out how you can make cake pops more portable.

10. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    I buy those foamy inserts for vases at walmart or the dollar tree. You can use packing styrofoam as well. Then you just poke holes in it with a pen to hold the cake pops in place. I decorate the base with foil or a pretty wrapping paper and ribbon. You can then put this in a cake carrying case.

11. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't think buying devices like this is a good idea. It will only tempt you into making cakes which aren't good for you or your family.

I would rather save my money and spend it on quality food than buy a cheap cake pop maker, but that's me.