Campsites as an alternative to hotels

Discussion in Travel started by astockd1 • Mar 19, 2014.

1. astockd1

astockd1Member

Threads:
    We all know that hotels can be expensive, especially if you're going to be traveling for awhile at a time. I've found a great alternative to hotels, something usually free, but sometimes $5-8 a night- campsites! I use the map feature freecampsites.net to locate sites in the area I want to go, and on the way as well if it's a road trip. The website tells you what accommodations the site has- such as bathrooms, showers, outlets, etc., as well as the price. It also shows reviews by other people who have gone there, if applicable. For someone traveling on a budget, this could make their entire trip possible.

2. angelicagapit

angelicagapitActive Member

Threads:
    I love camping, and it's also a great way to save money when you travel to another country. I know there are people who don't like the idea of camping and getting mosquito bites or whatever, but with proper preparation of mosquito repellants, sleeping bags, and snacks, you will probably have a very fun time.

I prefer having adventures when I travel. I don't want just a normal hotel, because there's nothing much new to experience if you just stay at a room.