Can Fast Food Calorie Lists Be Trusted?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by TheKnight • Nov 1, 2016.

1. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    I've visited a few fast food restaurants that have lists that claim a certain food item has a specific amount of calories. I'd like to know if those menu lists can be trusted because some do seem unrealistic. I once saw that a double meat and cheese burger with BBQ sauce was 255 calories which seemed like too low of an amount compared to the giant burger. What do you guys think?

2. biege

biegeActive Member

Threads:
    Not all the time because what fast food normally follow when it comes to the computation of the calorie would be the total calorie of all individual ingredients combine after basing all the caloric data per constituent from the standard value listed on the Nutrition Facts sheet.

3. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    You have no choice but to trust them but I have a strong feeling that most of them provide false stats or have something to hide. I cannot trust the smaller outlets but I believe that branded ones cannot afford to provide false information in written which would cost them a fortune if caught.

4. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    This is not to smear the list of calories but from what I know the numbers are just estimates to serve as guide. So if you are a calorie conscious dieter then you have to make your own conservative estimates of calories for the food that you order.

5. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    That's truly unfortunate that people have to lie about calorie intake because it may be a life or death situation for someone that is looking out for their bodies whatever the reason.