Can I Gift Plant?

Discussion in Home & Garden started by himalipatel • Aug 19, 2013.

1. himalipatel

himalipatelMember

Threads:
    My best friend birthday comes on the next month. She is living in USA. She loves different types of the plants and gardening so much so i am thinking to gift a plant this year so i want opinion. Is it a good ideas? And also suggest me which kind of plant i should give it to her.Which is a best online store for buying a plant and also provides the door to door service in a less time.

2. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    I am not sure what part of the country she is living in but if she is in an area that gets snow for the winter, I think I would stick with an indoor plant. ProFlowers.com has a large selection to choose from and deliver almost everywhere in world. I added a link below to a money tree that they have for sale but you can also check out their other plants by clicking the "Plants" link at the top. They also have a lot of beautiful flowering plants under their Best Seller group. Good luck!

3. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If your friend loves plants, then I think that would be an awesome gift for her, and one that she will think of you whenever she looks at it. I love it when someone gives me a plant or a flower on a pot.
    I think one of the small potted roses, or miniature rose, might make a good gift. They can be grown inside, but can also be planted outside, so she would be able to have it in the house for the winter, and then plant it outside if she decided it to keep it in the house . Another unique plant is a banana plant. They can also be grown inside, and then be out in the summer, and maybe all year, depending on where she lives.
    You can even order one on eBay for her. I got my banana tree plants on eBay, and hey shipped them right to me right away. They are not all fancy wrapped from eBay, though, so if that is important, then you might want to go through a flower store.

4. jericjames10

jericjames10Member

Threads:
    Your friend will surely like the gift, she will add it on her collection and plant it in her garden.

try here, might help

:)

5. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think it's a nice gesture. I love plants too, I think it would be very much appreciated.

6. kitkat0124

kitkat0124Active Member

Threads:
    Your friend will surely appreciate your gift. If we give gifts to other people, we need to give something they can use or something related to their interest or personality. I think that's a good idea.

7. ChanellG

ChanellGActive Member

Threads:
    A living plant is a great idea for a present for your friend; it's a gift that will keep on giving. The only time it isn't is when the person is not good with plants. You said your friend is living in the U.S. - is this temporary? Because if so, she would end up having to leave the plant behind when she moved. Maybe something else related to plants would be a good gift, such as gloves or gardening tools, or even a book.

8. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    I think that's a lovely idea, especially if she has a thing for plants and gardening to begin with.
    Do try to keep in mind the climate of where she's living, indoor may be your safest option.

9. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    I think this is the first time i heard someone gifting a plant before. Flowers and bouquets are one thing, but plants... definitely new to me. But hey, if the person really likes something, i don't see why it should be strange to give it to them.

10. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think a plant is actually a better gift than cut flowers because flowers die in a couple of days.
    As a frugal person I hate getting cut flowers as a gift because I just see it as $20-$40 that will have to be thrown in the trash in a couple of days when the flowers wilt.

A living plant can last for years so I think it's actually a superior gift to flowers and a better value for money.
    I'd rather get potted herbs than cut roses.

11. UshaBecker

UshaBeckerMember

Threads:
    Plants can be considered as the wisest gift ever. These encourage nurturing nature and keep the environment clean and also induces a positive thinking.

12. trishgl

trishglActive Member

Threads:
    Loving plants and taking care of them are two different things. I love plants but even though I try for some reason they die out on me. If she already has plants at home and enjoys taking care of them then they are a good gift item. You need to keep a couple of things in mind though like how will she bring it home with her or can she. Is she driving to where you live? If she isn't will she be riding a train, bus or plane? Are there restrictions if she can bring a plant on board and the size etc.

13. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:

Try googling it usually u can find info on there.

14. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    What about some planting tools? You could find all kinds of unique items on Amazon, and if the order is over $25, they often give you free shipping too.

Gifting her a plant is a nice idea, but you also have to consider what happens if she is not home to accept the delivery, or if the weather is bad and they leave it on her doorstep.

15. Anna_Bella07

Anna_Bella07Member

Threads:
    That is really a good idea :) If you gift a plant they can see it growing daily and can feel your relationship with them also to grow along with it :)

16. Rzashida

RzashidaActive Member

Threads:
    Plants are an excellent gift. I personally would love it especially if it's a rare plant. I would like a fruit tree, carnivorous plant or rare cactus.

17. kevin786

kevin786Member

Threads:
    Plants are nice gift ideas to send online for friends and any other. This is forever gifts because when the plants grow it shows how much your friends loves. You can directly send such types of gifts Online at Next day Delivery from expressgiftservice. This online store is cheapest and best in delivery.

18. justusforus

justusforusActive Member

Threads:
    I agree with so many here. A plant is a wonderful living gift and a constant reminder of your thoughtfulness. Check her facebook or ask other friends about what she may have as a special plant in her heart. Honestly, most people love plants (even if they do not have a green thumb). I have found that some of the smaller nurseries will actually deliver a plant and they have better prices than a florist. I would love any plant for a gift.

19. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have never bought any plants online yet, but just google those reputable stores that sell flowers online, I'm sure you'll find what you're looking for. Anyway, a plant would be a nice gift to someone who loves them, so go ahead and do so, just ask your friend what are her favorite plants so that you'll know exactly what to give her.

20. nikkiannB

nikkiannBNew Member

Threads:
    That's pretty interesting. Plants will live longer and a nice gift.