Can I Use Veet To Remove Pubic Hair?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Jatelo2 • Apr 8, 2015.

1. Jatelo2

Jatelo2Active Member

Threads:
    It is my belief that I'm posting under the right section and that this topic hasn't been covered before ( please share the link if it has). I'm the traditional type who shaves using the razor. While, there are no serious reactions, I'm getting tired of shaving and want faster and safer methods.

So, a friend told me about Veet Hair Removal Cream. I consequently went to a nearby cosmetic show and picked a ' Sensitive Skin' Formula only to find some scaring warnings of how it shouldn't be used around the genetical areas. I rarely reduce myself to a lab rat.

Please help me know if it is ok to use to remove the pubic hair... I'll be glad to read from personal experience

Thanks.

2. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If the label itself already warns you that it shouldn't be used around the genital areas, then why would you do what they specifically told you not to do right? You would be safer not doing it instead. The warnings are there for a reason.

3. blues

bluesMember

Threads:
    I've never used hair removal cream on that area, and it's probably best you don't unless the cream was specifically formulated for it. I think most hair removal creams just burn off the hair follicles to get rid of the hair so the genital area might be too sensitive for that. If you want to try other options other than shaving, there's waxing and epilating, which both pull the root of the follicles out rather than just getting rid of the hair above the skin. For me, the results of those last longer and oddly enough don't give me as much ingrown hairs.

4. Jatelo2

Jatelo2Active Member

Threads:
    Just how safe are these methods you mentioned; they sound effective. From what I've heard, waxing is a painful even and I just learnt about epilating from your post...or could I be refereing to something else?

5. Jatelo2

Jatelo2Active Member

Threads:
    I understood the warnings but then I got curious since a friend told me he uses veet (same fomulation) to remove the pubic hair.

I get your point though... I'll stay safe..

6. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If he uses Veet, then he must be able to tolerate the adverse effects that it might cause him, or he doesn't see any adverse effects at all. It's better to stay on the safe side. Just shave it, it's much easier and not risky at all.

7. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Having successfully used Veet for this purpose myself, I'd suggest applying it to the areas away from your danglies and doing the "nitty gritty" with the razor. So on the pubic bone itself should be absolutely fine but keep it away from areas where the skin is thinner or more sensitive.

8. blues

bluesMember

Threads:
    Well, pain-wise, it doesn't hurt that much for me. Epilating hurt the more of the two, but I think that's because I think I had let my hair grow too long when I first used it. I think with both methods, the pain/hurt factor will steadily decrease the more often/consistent you do it. When I take a long break from it, it always hurts to start doing it again. If you've ever had your eyebrows threaded, it's kind of like that? Epilating is basically a lot of tweezers pulling out the hair. Waxing, for the first time, is much more affordable to try. A lot of the wax sheets you can buy for about 5-10 dollars. Epilators are good for the long term as I've had mine for about maybe 2 years? I only use it half the year so it's not consistent use though.

9. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I personally wouldn't do it for fear of getting some into places it shouldn't go LOL I once tried it but couldn't stomach the smell, and I also had to wait around for it to work before washing it off. My skin seemed to be a little sensitive, too. But it's probably better for you as it's unlikely to leave bumps like shaving does. I'd just say be very careful!