Can Short Girls Wear Maxi Dresses?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by Sam Tarly • Jul 5, 2014.

1. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I find that if you are too short, maxi dresses can tend to make you look even smaller... I am a big advocate that if you want to wear it, you can. As long as you feel good wearing what you're not wearing, it's fine. Of course, with some good sense. With that said, if I were really short, I would wear mini dresses with high heels instead!

2. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Of course short girls can wear maxi dresses but you need to ensure that the dress is the correct length. If it's too long, you will look swamped but remember that the hem can always be taken up if needed.

3. Harmony Lassen

Harmony LassenNew Member

Threads:
    I'm short and I own a few maxi dresses and skirts and I love them. I would have to say I prefer skirts though, because I can wear shirts with them and if they are too long I can just pull the up higher. But I do prefer maxi skirts and dresses to pants. They are comfortable, and they look good on everyone.

4. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I would say yes, of course. Tall girls don't have the monopoly of maxi dresses even if for the most part, they look better wearing it. Shorter girls can overcome this height handicap by choosing a maxi dress that flatters their figure. The design and the cut of the dress can make or break its effect on the wearer.