Can you custom build a laptop?

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by deathbyprayer • Aug 27, 2014.

1. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    I've seen a lot of PC building sites where you can build your PC, select the parts and whatnot and they'll just deliver it you and also you can just buy PC parts and build it yourself but I've never seen any stores that offers you laptop parts for you to custom build on your own. Is it possible to build a custom laptop?

2. beccagreen

beccagreenActive Member

Threads:
    Well, I don't really know if you can do that. But I think I saw somewhere that you can ask for manufacturers for certain builds. I'm not sure what site I saw that, but it treats the laptop like a PC, you choose your CPU, GPU and all that stuff and they will build the laptop and deliver it to you. Of course it's more expensive but still, pretty cool.

3. tzbt827

tzbt827Member

Threads:
    I'm sure that it is possible, but finding a retailer willing to do it would be tricky. I imagine it would cost loads for someone to custom build a laptop as it all has to be packed into a small space and you would also have to keep the price of the screen in mind too.

4. akiii123

akiii123Active Member

Threads:
    It is very much possible, and the entire process is also very cheap when compared to buying actual PC's from the showroom. However, I feel that the information given on the net is never enough and one must have hands on practice before trying out such a thing. These skills once learnt can be very useful many times in life. Also, it is little difficult to give the final touches to the PC's when you are not a very experienced in the technical fields. I would definitely love to know how to set up the PC in near time so that I can take care of PC's by myself from now onwards.