Can you get any work done in the bedroom?

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by Nikkishea21 • Jan 8, 2015.

1. Nikkishea21

Nikkishea21Member

Threads:
    The bedroom is the most comfortable place for me in The House. Having my two pillows stacked under my back, one below my computer on my lap and another close by just for comfort is heavenly for me. This is a very relaxing position for me and initially it always seem to be able to push me to the point of getting a lot done. The problem is that most times I fall asleep without notice most of the times. Today I was there and I felt so good there, I decided to watch a movie online on Z movie and I did. The movie duration was almost two hours, I remember everything up to close to the middle of it but when I jumped up, the movie had only 15 minutes remaining. I felt as if I was robbed, sleep is taking me over in that place and I need out!

Living room for me from now on.

2. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Out of necessity, I've been renting a small room for the past couple of weeks. The bedroom is all there is, so I try to stay productive by drinking coffee and turning all the lights on so that I don't doze off.

3. ReadWriteLearnLove

ReadWriteLearnLoveActive Member

Threads:
    I have a little work station set up in my bedroom with a desk and all the stuff you would need to be really productive. It was great when my spouse was traveling for work, but now that he's home more often I find it difficult to work in there. He is a very early riser as his work hours call for him to leave the house at 5am, so obviously he goes to bed early too. I just can't work while he's trying to sleep. He says it doesn't bother him, but I'm very aware of his presence and that makes me aware of every sound I'm making! Now I just work at the kitchen table and am trying to figure out if there's somewhere else in the house I could move my little work station to.

4. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like working in my bedroom and find it is easier as there are no distractions. It means I can work late or really early in the morning and not get disturbed by anyone. Usually I work on my laptop in bed as I am more comfortable and it's also warmer. Sometimes I can work in the living room, but I'm more comfortable when I know I am alone.

5. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I surely can, in fact I have a habit of grabbing my laptop and laying down on my bed while I write posts and go online doing various things. Right now I basically only work with posts for forums and posts for websites in general. I do all of that from my bed, which is the most comfortable place in my house as well as yours!!

6. vdenayb23

vdenayb23Member

Threads:
    I actually love working from my bedroom it's very comfortable. I can admit at first I couldn't do it because I would get lazy loose focus and procrastinate I would end up falling asleep or grab the remote and star watching tv then say oh I will start working in a minute those minutes always turned into hours. So what I dod was get a desk and a desktop computer and a comfortable chair and everything I needed to work successfully and be organized. I also made a few charts to keep track of my work and how long I work I had to learn to discipline myself to keep on track now I love working from the comfort of my own bedroom.

7. DTracy3

DTracy3Member

Threads:
    My bedroom is where I get all my work done :p Mostly because my office table is also in my bedroom which can make it a bedroom/study room ^^ But I have to admit, I can only motivate to do minor tasks if I'm laying on the bed while doing them.

8. Onionman

OnionmanActive Member

Threads:
    If it gets too comfortable I simply can't work. I know I'm just fooling myself. That's why I go to the spare room, where there's a desk and plenty of quiet and I work there. It might not be as comfortable, but that's the whole point. I don't want to be sleeping when I should be working.

9. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've always done my paid online activities in my room. I wouldn't doubt that a job would be the same way. I couldn't imagine working anywhere else if I worked at home. I have a computer chair and a desk though so that probably helps.

10. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25Active Member

Threads:
    I don't have any issues with working in my own room. I actually become more productive and functional when I'm just lying on the bed. I think everyone has their own preferences, and as for me, I get lots of things done just by staying inside my room. I've always been good at hibernating while working on something. :)

11. redheadrebecca

redheadrebeccaNew Member

Threads:
    I work at home, and I get most if not all of my work done in my bedroom as well. It's just the comfiest place for me, and the quietest. I occasionally try to go out to the couch or even the dining room table to work, but I actually find that I am more productive in my bedroom with all my pillows. In the summer I do like to go outside on the patio with my laptop and work, but for now, I prefer to hibernate in my room. :)

12. sll-rambleon

sll-rambleonMember

Threads:
    Same thing happens to me to. It is really comfortable and enjoyable until I fall asleep. I can't get anything done and its frustrating because I am so relaxed in my bedroom and in theory it should make me more productive but no.
    I read somewhere that if you want to be efficient when working from home you should wear shoes. Which makes sense because it puts you in a working kind of mood and they don't allow for much freedom.
    I am going to try it out one of these days.

13. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I can still browse the net in my bedroom because I'm using my phone, but I always fall asleep when I do that because I'm lying on the bed. I get a lot more done when I'm sitting down in front of the pc. But I can't sit for long hours, since doing that makes me feel tired and my back feels strained.

14. Mockingbird

MockingbirdActive Member

Threads:
    I work in many different places. Such is the joy of a laptop. I use my laptop for shopping, real work, emails and entertainment so I am seldom not online in some capacity. If I feel like I want to be lazy and maybe catnap I turn on a podcast that just requires me to listen. I have never fell asleep watching a movie or working, probably because the music streaming in the background is to loud. I do watch television on the laptop and love to take it in the kitchen while I cook.

My only complaint is at times if it is to sunny my screen is not the best, I need to get one of those screen glare things. I have thought about getting a smaller notebook for when I am outdoors or at a cafe or something and I just might yet. I don't think I would like a pad, they just seem awfully cumbersome to use for the way I use the internet.

15. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    My workspace is in my bedroom so I don't have a choice but to work there. I don't have much of a problem with it though since I've already been doing it for years so I'm very much used to it by now. I sit on a chair most of the time so I don't really feel too sleepy or relaxed when I'm working and I pretty much just ignore the bed until I am sleepy so it works well for me.

16. Nickchick

Threads:
    I know what you mean about sitting for long hours. I work on the sites too much so I end up getting a hurt back and sometimes neck. Also recently my thumb's been hurting when I push it.

17. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yeah, I noticed that there's a great disparity between our early 20's bodies and our late 20's bodies. I remember that during my early to mid-20's, I can stay in front of the pc for 12 hours straight and not feel tired. That has just changed drastically after a few years. My arm also feels more strained after a certain time playing video games on the pc.

18. Happy247

Happy247Member

Threads:
    The bedroom is an absolute no go when it comes to me getting my work done. I get so relaxed in that bed. All I want to do is lay back and day dream or read a good book and sip on my tea. In order for me to get anything done I have to sit at a table or desk. There has to be no music or television on. I need absolute silence.

19. Nickchick

Threads:
    Yeah just one of the many "joys" of getting older. I don't even know how it happens in a short time.

20. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Same here. Who knew you'd start aging and deteriorating that soon, right? Your age is not even past the calendar! I also now must have at least 8 or 9 hours of sleep, or else even if I wake up, I will still feel groggy and I find myself going back to sleep.