Can You Recommend Me A Simple And Cheap Meal To Prepare For My So?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by Robilas • Jul 17, 2016.

1. Robilas

RobilasMember

Threads:
    I want to make a surprise for my SO next weekend cooking something for her - she always makes me delicious meals and I finally want to reciprocate. I'm quite unsure of my cooking skills, so I'm looking for an easy recipe.
    Bonus points if it's something cheap, otherwise I'll just order something from my local bakery, but I really want to challenge myself and prepare a surprise for my significant other.

2. cocolgooh

cocolgoohActive Member

Threads:
    What sort of thing are you hoping to make for her? Something sweet or savoury? A main meal or a dessert?

If you're looking for a main meal, I'd recommend something with noodles. Egg noodles are really easy to cook - just put them in boiling water for a few minutes and they're done! You could cook up a stir fry of vegetables and some meat to go with it, using whatever you and your SO like to eat.

If you're looking for a cheap and easy dessert, you can buy pre-made meringue nests fairly cheaply. (And it's much easier to buy those than try to make them, believe me!). I then fill these with different fruits, such as strawberries and blueberries, and add whipped cream. I use coconut milk and whip the cream from that because I have an allergy to regular milk, but you could use regular cream too!