Can you recommend some clean funny movies?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by maddie • Sep 21, 2012.

1. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    I do not watch movies often, but would like to watch some funny ones with my kids once in a while. Do you have any recommendation for me? Where could I download them for a low price?

2. Hushaam

HushaamNew Member

Threads:
    Madagascar 3 is a must see! I am 24 and I still enjoy it. Its animated and extremely funny. Madagascar is great fun to watch with kids too since it does not really have any mature subject matter or anything like that. Plus its pretty recent and by that I mean a 2-3 weeks old, and its the latest Madagascar in the series and you have to watch it! Its great fun with kids! Good luck with the kids. :)

3. soulglazed

soulglazedMember

Threads:
    If you haven't already seen them, I'd recommend the Toy Story movies. A lot of adults find them funny and kids obviously love them too.

4. nick87

nick87Active Member

Threads:
    Any disney/pixar movies. They usually incorporate all age friendly comedy, and are still funny to adults as well. The ones off the top of my head that are good are despicable me, puss in boots, up, the madagascar films, the shrek films, etc.

5. YorkshireLass

YorkshireLassMember

Threads:
    The animated films are pretty good, Shrek and Finding Nemo are my favourites. Toy Story is popular, but I've only seen the first one! I really love Uncle Buck, it's so funny and was one of my favourite films when I was a kid. It can be really hard to find stuff that kids and adults all like, some of the childrens films and tv shows are just awful, I don't know how they can sit and watch them!

6. Zaturo

ZaturoMember

Threads:
    Mostly anything from Dreamworks and Pixar. I hear that the latest Doctor Who season is hilarious, even though it's more of a sci-fi. Have you seen Despicable Me? :)

7. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    We have watched most of those mentioned above. Despicable me and the doctor who series are a few I may want to check out. Madagascar and Shrek are very popular with my kids. They have the DVD's and watch them from time to time. Thank you so much for responding. I will check these out. Sci-fi are always popular with boys - I am sure my boys will like them.

8. andrew320

andrew320Active Member

Threads:
    I know several light films that are definitely suitable for children:

- "Singin' in the Rain"

- "Pygmalion"

- "I'll be Seeing You"

- "Make Way for Tomorrow"

- "Bringing up Baby"

- "Mr. Blandings Builds his Dream House

- Any Marx. Brothers movie

9. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    Now, this is another list of movies that I have not watched before. The kids have a long weekend coming up and they would be happy to catch up on some movies. Thank you Andrew. I appreciate this very much. Have a great day.

10. gina121

gina121Active Member

Threads:
    It's usually animated movies, and some Disney classics that we settle for at home, for some clean movie time. I don't have to worry about PG, sexual or violence content, and the children don't mind watching some of the classics over and over again, even after they've stepped into their teens! Besides the animated ones, there are some favorites like Princess Diaries, Madagascar, Rugrats movie, Home Alone series, and quite a few that I can't remember off the top of my head now.

11. Mycoldshower

MycoldshowerNew Member

Threads:
    Mega Mind it is a really funny movie. It features the voices of Brad Pitt and Will Ferrell. It's about a super criminal, who tries to destroy the hero of the story. I won't spoil the rest of the story for you, but it really reminded me of despicable me. Also, I know this isn't the best movie ever, but I really liked A series of unfortunate events, based on the books by Lemony Snicket.

12. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The Ice Age movies come to mind, they are quite funny. Initially I was about to suggest to you to watch Rob Schneider or Sacha Baron Cohen's movies, but since you said that you are gonna watch it with your kids, I had to pick a "kid friendly" movie. Also, the movie "Little Nicky" was funny in my opinion.

13. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yorkshirelass I love your avatar. Pink and the Brain is my all time favorite cartoon. I got the series from the library a few years back to share with my grandsons, boy were they happy. I was glad to see the dvd's leave the house they played them so much. I like Meet the Robinsons. It was really good to see with the kids.

14. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    Thank you Gina, Mycoldshower, Sidney and Pat, I appreciate your suggestions. I have downloaded despicable me for now, we will watch it over the weekend. The kids watch the ice-age series at school. Home alone is another favorite with the boys.
    I might try Mega mind, Pygmalion and bringing up baby over the next few weeks.
    Please keep the suggestions coming I will slowly build a list of movies to be watched. Thank you everyone. Have a great day.

15. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    Check out the Walmart $5 movie bins and get the PG or G rated movies. You can find some great titles in there sometimes. I am friendly with the store manager and he told me when they get new shipments for my local store.

16. vjykmr89

vjykmr89Member

Threads:
    1. Rushmore
    2. The Darjeeling Limited
    3. Delirious
    4. Trees Lounge
    5. Igby Goes Down 6. Ghost World
    7. Little Miss Sunshine
    8. According to Greta
    9. Napoleon Dynamite
    10. Paris, Je T'aime

17. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    How old are your kids?

And have you seen the Shrek movies? I consider them quite family-friendly considering they're animated for kids and 'clean', but they make jokes that only parents would get the hidden meanings in.

18. sergiu23

sergiu23Active Member

Threads:
    I wouldn't exactly recommend Napoleon Dynamite for watching it with the kids. Little Miss Sunshine is a good movie for kids. Also, I would recommend Hugo; the story will surely captivate the kids.

19. husstopher

husstopherMember

Threads:
    I would recommend any Disney cg movie. My wife and I can't get enough of them.

20. mountainside

mountainsideActive Member

Threads:
    If you are taking your children, I would suggest some of the Disney movies would be great choices.