Can you spot a fake designer purse?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by True2marie • Dec 27, 2013.

1. True2marie

True2marieActive Member

Threads:
    Can you spot a fake designer purse?

I just read a news article that 'knock offs' are getting harder to detect.

They look closer to the 'real' thing and even cost more. So consumers are getting tricked more frequently.

To me, the biggest way to spot a fake designer purse is that it's sold on the street, not a department store.

2. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There usually is a difference in the print of the font of fake items, but you really have to be meticulous and observant to notice it. Even the material feels different as compared to the genuine one. I agree though that the most obvious sign that an item is fake is when it's being sold on the street or in one of those stalls in the malls and not in a real boutique.

3. randee555

randee555Active Member

Threads:
    I don't know enough about purses or handbags to even know what's real or not. I only carry a billfold and only had a purse back when I was in school because my friends had them. I don't know what's real or fake because so many small businesses now have designer bags but they'll be $25, I don't think designer bags are that cheap.

4. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    They definitely are getting harder to detect! And not only with purses, but everything, from shoes to shirts. In my country designer fashion and accessories are outrageously expensive because the government charges ridiculous taxes, and so that results in a lot of fakes. i think they are getting better and better every year in making fake look real. i can tell the fake by who is wearing it, but that doesn't always work

5. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    Usually the spelling gives it away LOL. But sometimes, it's hard to tell unless you go over the fabric. You'll know it when you see one.

6. kiana67

kiana67New Member

Threads:
    the fake one is the faded

7. freebie-franco

freebie-francoNew Member

Threads:
    I agree, the "fake" designers are getting better and better at making them seem like the real thing. Ive noticed this especially with watches! I once saw what I swore was a genuine Cartier, but after asking the lady about it, she said it was like $50 at a stall in New York. What can you do....

8. Dylansmom

DylansmomNew Member

Threads:
    I know I can't tell a fake from an authentic. They are getting pretty good with the fakes.

9. thriftymama

thriftymamaNew Member

Threads:
    You do have to be so careful when buying now especially if you think you have purchased a genuine designer product and it turns out to be 'a fake'.