Can you wear sneakers/hi-tops/low-tops without socks?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by PauloSwentas • Aug 2, 2012.

1. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    I do wear sneakers without socks when i sprint out after my dog or in an emergency.. My neighbor fell off the stairs and I just pulled on my sneakers and ran to get her to the doctor and had her sewed up. I do not intentionally wear sneakers without socks.. it get sweaty and slimy for me.. :/

2. Neelofar1334

Neelofar1334Active Member

Threads:
    I wear hightops with ankle socks because regular socks are uncomfortable. I always wear socks with sneakers though. If you don't wear socks with sneakers, it might cause foot odor if you're in the shoes for a long time, and I don't think it'd be the most comfortable thing in the world.

3. ChanellG

ChanellGActive Member

Threads:
    I think it depends on the shoe. If the inside is rough, it's going to leave blisters on your feet. If the shoe is made from a breathable fabric you might be able to get away with going without socks, but most athletic shoes get sweaty so it's really not a good idea. Going without socks will contribute to odor.

4. blurinoctober

blurinoctoberActive Member

Threads:
    I always have socks when I'm wearing tennis shoes or high-tops! I don't use socks with certain kinds of shoes, I can't stand them with Toms, but they're a part of my wardrobe, forsure!

5. thenextGeek

thenextGeekActive Member

Threads:
    Wear socks unless you are wearing flip-flops and top siders. If you are wearing sneakers with shorts then try to buy socks that are very short so that they won't be seen by other people.

6. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I sold all of my trainers. I grew out of the casual look, I prefer to wear shoes or boots for a more smart look.

I own a pair of chukka boots, moccasins and boat shoes. I wouldn't wear my shoes without socks, I wear ankle socks if I don't want the socks to show.

7. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    I definitely need to wear socks with sneakers. Without socks I find the feeling very uncomfortable. I also have to be careful about which socks I wear. I have to make sure I am wearing the kind that at least hit my ankles, because anything shorter then that can still make me feel uncomfortable as if the sneaker is rubbing my foot. I don't like this feeling and if it happens I have to change my socks in order to feel comfortable. Maybe some people like to wear sneakers without socks but I am certainly not one of them.

8. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:

No i cannot i can't even wear my slippers without socks i have to have socks on at all times i feel naked without them lol

9. Mrs. Pirz

Mrs. PirzExpert

Threads:
    You can do anything you want but it is advised that you dont for the following reasons :
    1) The material of the shoe may cause abrassions, rashes, blisters or soft spots without socks on since it will be rubbing right up on your skin. This can be painful
    2) Some shoes are made of materials that make your feet sweat. Not only is it uncomfortable because your feet can slide in and out of the shoe causing more rubbing of the material on your skin but it will cause odors and stains in your shoes. Im sure youve all seen those sneakers that have the shape of a foot sweated into them? That's due to no socks
    3) Most importnantly - socks help with air circulation and blood circulation. Not wearing any can lead to athletes foot, fungus, ringworms or imbedded and sick toe nails

To sum up - just put on some socks

10. paulyw

paulywNew Member

Threads:
    I always wear my sneakers without socks because I do not like wearing socks, and I do wear both low-tops and hi-tops without socks. I have been doing this for most of my life my feet are actually used to not wearing any socks.

11. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If the socks will be covered by the pants then I will probably wear socks to prevent the sweat of my feet from soiling my shoes directly. But if I'm wearing something that can't hide the socks then I would rather not wear socks at all, or I lower my socks to the point that the garter can't be seen and it seems like I'm not wearing any socks, but upon closer inspection you'll see that I'm really wearing one.