Can you wear sneakers/hi-tops/low-tops without socks?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by PauloSwentas • Aug 2, 2012.

1. PauloSwentas

PauloSwentasNew Member

Threads:
    I'm 21 years old and for as far back in my life as I can remember once I have shoes on then I'll have socks on. It gives me that comfortable in-shoe feeling and also adds to your outfit if it shows. However I see alot of people who actually say they don't like socks.

Can you wear sneakers/hi-tops/low-tops without socks?

2. KNH

KNHActive Member

Threads:
    I personally think it looks bad, but maybe that is because I am so used to people wearing socks with them. It feels weird to me. Doctors advise against that, as shoes can cause infections and/or cut up the achilles.

3. FlipKup

FlipKupMember

Threads:
    Oh God, no... I need to have socks on... its a must! There is nothing that beats the comfortable feeling of walking around with an extra cushion between you, your shoes, and the ground. I just can't imagine walking around with my feet just IN the shoes. I would feel the ground... and if the insides are not soft, it would just be a rough ride the whole time!

4. Mellow

MellowNew Member

Threads:
    Nowadays (summer 2012), the trend is to not show your socks, or go without them at all. Certain shoes can be worn sockless if you're creative with insoles or foot powders. Sneakers, however are much more compatible with socks than without. What some people do is they buy

As you can see, they look a bit goofy without the shoe, but offer a lot of airflow and don't show in most shoes. Without socks, you might find yourself with quite the odor and sweat discomfort!

5. jovan107

jovan107Active Member

Threads:
    I have to wear socks with my sneakers. My feet sweat and I would be so uncomfortable if I wore any sneakers without socks. I wear no show socks because I like the way it looks. You could purchase no show socks from Target or Walmart at a very affordable price.

6. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have to wear socks with my sneakers. In an emergency, I will go without socks and I didn't like the feeling. Yuck! I do wear anklets so it appears that I'm not wearing any socks if you don't look close enough.

7. longdong

longdongNew Member

Threads:
    Yes I wear socks, I can't imagine wearing any shoes without socks, it would be painful and not comfortable.

8. Victor Leigh

Victor LeighActive Member

Threads:
    No socks? No way! My feet will get all sweaty and smelly. Plus my feet tend to get sore very easily if there isn't a layer of material between my skin and the shoes.

9. plkeida

plkeidaNew Member

Threads:
    Wearing socks with hi-tops without socks is a hard thing to do. I can wear them for about 3-4 hours and then blisters start to form. The back of my ankles start to blister and the bottom of my feet get sweaty.

10. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    You can, but I wouldn't recommend it. I would never wear sneakers without socks unless all my socks were dirty and I was only going across the street for five minutes.

11. tosaytheleast

tosaytheleastActive Member

Threads:
    Sneakers are my favorite type of shoes all time! I can't imagine myself wearing another type of shoes while I am on my jeans. Regarding wearing it with or without socks, I don't really mind. Most of the time I wear it without socks especially when I am just using short jeans. I do not really notice the difference. It's just that mt feet are comfortable and cold without socks.

12. saizo6

saizo6Active Member

Threads:
    I've tried going without socks once or twice (too in a hurry to grab socks) and it was really uncomfortable. The way the insides of the sneakers chafed my skin was not something I enjoyed. And lets not forget the blisters you get. So, I've learned my lesson and I'm always wearing socks now.

13. melissa93

melissa93New Member

Threads:
    Yes to the socks with tennies.

I hate socks. I feel as if my feet are being suffocated, and my feet sweat to much when I wear them. I would prefer my feet to just be cold. My only exception is when I am wearing tennies/high-tops etc., or heeled boots. If I don't wear socks with shoes, my feet get to warm and itchy, and I feel very uncomfortable.Kind of like a naked feeling, but on my feet. It is also unhealthy to not wear socks with shoes. At least that is what one of my doctors told me.:D

14. marala60

marala60New Member

Threads:
    It is possible, however it is very uncomfortable. I wouldn't recommend it since it can lead to blisters and nasty things forming on your feet. Also, socks with certain pairs of shoes look amazing. Nike in particular has caught my eye with some very nice looking socks of different colors and styles. In order to be more comfortable and look better, I would highly recommend wearing socks at all times.

15. miapass

miapassNew Member

Threads:
    I agree with this user! To each their own but mine includes socks. Wearing sneakers without socks is not only unsanitary it can lead to really stinky feet. Nobody likes to smell stinky feet! My suggestion would be to keep the socks. If you really don't want to wear socks switch your foot-wear to sandals.

16. Adeal4u

Adeal4uActive Member

Threads:
    I always wear socks if you don't it makes your feet sweat. Without wearing socks it will make your shoes stink. I've tried wearing hi top shoes without socks when I was a kid, and it made my ankles get a rash. I guess it's from the shoe rubbing against your skin. At my last job I've seen people not wearing socks with shoes, I guess it's to save money on buying socks who knows.

17. Yuvastyleindia

YuvastyleindiaMember

Threads:
    I don't think that wearing sneakers without socks is difficult. The people who are habitual to wear socks can't like this but many people like to wear sneakers without socks. My sneakers shoes are comfortable and smooth enough that I can wear them without socks.

18. Treighsie

TreighsieActive Member

Threads:
    I ALWAYS need socks with sneakers. I make my kids wear them too. I think it's gross to have your skin against your smelly/sweaty sneakers.

19. Kaybee517

Kaybee517Active Member

Threads:
    Sure you can wear sneakers without socks but who would want to? For me the only time I do that is if I 'm running to the mailbox and coming back in right away. Other than that I don't like that feeling and your feet will get sweaty and stinky. Perhaps the people you are running into do not not have socks on but rather the low cut "hidden" socks cut low below the ankle.

20. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    I don't think that any person living on this earth will wear sneakers without socks. It is one of the most uncomfortable feelings ever so therefore I would recommend having socks on at all times. I have never wondered about this because I have always thought that people wear socks with their sneakers.