Can you withdraw your PayPal funds in your country?

Discussion in Payment Methods started by addicted_buyer • May 30, 2012.

1. jovan107

jovan107Active Member

Threads:
    I understand your frustration, but can you try transferring your earnings to a Paypal debit card that would be mailed to you. I live in the US and I could transfer the money straight to my back account and the transaction takes only two days to post to my account.

2. Gussie

GussieMember

Threads:
    I'm in the US and had the same problem for a while - but found the fastest access was their Paypal MasterCard. It's a regular type of MasterCard but is funded solely by the funds in the Paypal account. It's not the same as their new Bill Me Later credit account promotion, so don't confuse them. I don't know if the MasterCard is offered in other countries, however...

3. Brendan

BrendanMember

Threads:
    I live in the United States. I have never had an issue with PayPal holding my funds for any reason. When I first got a PayPal account, I did not have a bank account. My money in PayPal was "stuck" for a while until I linked a bank account to it. Now, I withdraw my funds every 2 weeks or so into my bank account.

4. SpYkz

SpYkzMember

Threads:
    Here in South Africa there is only one bank, FNB that allows you to withdraw funds from paypal accounts and I don't have an account with them. I am quite happy with the bank I am already with so it's something I will have to live without . Debit cards are not accepted as well.

5. anniep1978

anniep1978New Member

Threads:
    Thats crazy! Yes I can and do transfer my Paypal money into my bank account. I live in the US.

6. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I live in the US. I have a Paypal Debit Card so that I can get my money right away, I can also transfer the money to my bank account. The reason I don't like Alertpay(name changed) is because you can not get to your money without a check and then the limit is $10.

7. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes Paypal does allow us to withdraw funds to our local bank. I haven't done it yet though, since I always use my Paypal funds to buy stuff from online stores. Verification in our country is quite easy too, I live in the Philippines, by the way.

8. almari_011

almari_011Member

Threads:
    I can withdraw but the withdrawing process takes too long! Plus the verifying of account process is too hard and you have to make payments and get a 'eon card' before you can do all those things. It isn't worth it for me so I use it to buy things online. :)

9. dashboardc33

dashboardc33Active Member

Threads:
    That is definitely a bummer. So all of your earnings you have to spend by using your PayPal account when you want to buy something? We can withdraw the funds in PayPal in the United States. It is how I pay a lot of my bills and get most of my money into my account.

10. trishgl

trishglActive Member

Threads:
    I've been working online for a few years now and if you are familiar with oDesk.com or eLance.com you can work for that site and they issue debit cards so that you can access your payouts. You can then use that debit account as the "bank account" you can withdraw your paypal money to. since that debit card is not based in Argentina you can use it for the paypal transfer. You can then withdraw the money from the debit card from any ATM with a Cirrus logo. Its a bit roundabout and you have to establish yourself with the oDesk or Elance but it will work.

11. crossunitedfate

crossunitedfateMember

Threads:
    That sucks, earning without being able to send it to your natural bank. My advice to you would be to move away from Paypal and use one of the many alternatives instead.

If not that, try to apply for their Paypal debit card.

12. Victor Leigh

Victor LeighActive Member

Threads:
    When I was in Thailand, I had no problem withdrawing my Paypal money and transferring it to my Thai bank account. Now I am in Malaysia. I have to create a new Paypal account, with permission from Paypal, and I don't have any problem withdrawing my Paypal money and transferring it to my Malaysian bank account. All my Paypal accounts are verified, of course.

13. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    I'm in the UK and I have been transferring money from my PayPal account into my bank account roughly twice a week for the past five years without any problems, I have even started transferring money from my PayPal account into my ISA savings account. I think the countries that have problems transferring money are middle-eastern countries and South American countries.

14. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I withdraw my money straight into my bank account the only way you can get your money out of paypal is by withdrawing it into a bank account requesting a check or getting their debit card and putting your money on that. I'm not sure i understand your question. If paypal supports your country than it should allow you to withdraw your money into a bank account or send you a check.

15. srinivas0812

srinivas0812Member

Threads:
    My case is entirely different here. PayPal has enabled Auto-withdrawal and made it mandatory for each and every PayPal user of India. Whatever be the amount you have in our PayPal, it will be auto-withdrawn into the primary bank account linked in our PayPal profile. This feature sucks and I am waiting for that day when PP removes this limitation imposed on us.

16. GavinMcresty

GavinMcrestyMember

Threads:
    I live in Europe and have never had any problems withdrawing money. I suppose it would be annoying if I were unable to put the money I make into a bank account. On the other hand, I would probably not be too inconvenienced given how much online shopping I do. I can even pay for pizza at Domino's using PayPal! The money I make does help with my rent though so only being able to buy things using my PayPal would just mean I would have to organise my money a little differently.

17. dorothymoreno

dorothymorenoActive Member

Threads:

Yes fortunately I am able to withdraw my paypal funds into my paypal debit card instantly and with no fees. Which, is why I really like getting paid by Paypal instead of a check or other. There are also some places that pay you with a visa card or check that you could maybe check into if you aren't able to withdraw your money from paypal.

18. SpiralArchitect

SpiralArchitectActive Member

Threads:
    I live in India and my paypal balance automatically withdrawn to my bank account every 2-3 days. Never had any issue with those transactions although they occasionally do tend to take a lot of time.

19. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yep.. I'm in Canada and I just transfer to my bank account. Don't some countries have debit card type things for paypal now too?

20. clairebeautiful

clairebeautifulActive Member

Threads:
    Listen to all of us Americans, shocked and appalled that the entire world isn't as privileged as we are. I admit it. I take for granted most of the ease of my life right now. Heck, I've been complaining about the government healthcare website for 2 weeks, and screaming, "We're America! We have Google! What is wrong with this?!"

Anyway, I think PayPal will issue checks now, but there's a fee. I always do direct deposit, but I'm actually finding it is easier to just keep a balance in my account for online spending. I've been doing more shopping on Ebay lately, and it is annoying to have PayPal withdraw funds from my bank account. I'd rather just keep about a $100 buffer in there.