Can you withdraw your PayPal funds in your country?

Discussion in Payment Methods started by addicted_buyer • May 30, 2012.

1. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    I'm absolutely using my Paypal in my country perfectly. I'm currently in the Philippines and it works well these days. I love its services.

2. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have a paypal and have cashed out many of times :)

3. orz

orzActive Member

Threads:
    Australia here, we don't have checks, only "Withdraw to bank account" like most of the others in this thread.

4. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am able to withdraw from my Paypal balance in England, although I haven't ever withdrawn physical money from my Paypal account. I probably will in the future as it is easier than transferring my Paypal funds to my bank account and then withdrawing it from a cash point with my debit card.

5. nhsososo4

nhsososo4Member

Threads:
    I am from South Africa, and before you couldn't but up until a few years back that First National Bank( FNB) one of our big four banks partnered up with Pay Pal. I have not yet transferred any amount though from Paypal to FNB but I hear its a simple process and it works.

In our country the idea of checks would really be tedious because our postal system is really expensive if you want things done at a faster rate. If you pay a normal flat rate or average rage, your check could easily take up to months. In the next week or two though I will try the paypal to bank system myself and will come back and say how it was.

6. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Huh, weird. I can withdraw my money to my bank account without a problem, I thought it's possible everywhere tht links your PayPal account to your bank account or credit card..

7. erronousRogue

erronousRogueMember

Threads:
    It sometimes gets rejected even then with ridiculous errors without a description.

Paypal are notorious for ruining the days of billions of customers worldwide. I had an issue once where my issued credit card from a major bank (standard MasterCard) got rejected from the approval system because it was an "invalid number". Upon calling customer support and pestering them with emails for weeks (most of which I got a "here's a link to a different issue which won't help your problem but tells you how great we are" response to), I managed to get it fixed.

And even then, some payment processors just outright refused to approve my payment, because of "unexpected errors", and me not having an "eligible payment source". It's weird.

8. stacyje

stacyjeActive Member

Threads:
    I would suggest that you contact paypal or log onto there web site and request a paypal debit card . Its linked to your account and you can use it anywhere. You will have access to all your funds and be able to withdraw you money anytime.The debit card is offered to everyone there no credit check or anything. It beats having to wait 3 days for your funds to be transfer to your bank account.

9. writeletters

writelettersMember

Threads:
    I live in New Zealand, and I can withdraw, however I've never tried to. I use my PayPal mainly for online shopping. I've heard some negative feedback about PayPal. Apparently if you move countries, PayPal freezes your account and doesn't allow you to access your money. The main thing I hate about PayPal is that they can change their terms and conditions and you don't have to agree to them for them to be in effect.

10. foodietr

foodietrNew Member

Threads:
    In India, I usually transfer my PayPal funds to my bank account. This is the only way to withdraw funds from PayPal here.

I think it takes around 5-7 days for the funds to be transferred to your bank from Paypal.

11. maxparker0

maxparker0Member

Threads:
    I do not live in US or any european country but paypal is accepted in my country and I've never had any problem receiving my payments. They transfer money into my bank account within 2-3 days, which is okay with me.

12. Sly14Cat

Sly14CatActive Member

Threads:
    Well I live in Canada so I can withdraw and deposit money no problem although I must admit that both of those operations take about 6-8 business days to process here which means I have to wait about two weeks to move money around which gets annoying but I don't do it often enough that it presents any sort of roadblock for me.

13. Colebra

ColebraActive Member

Threads:
    I actually knew this about South American countries... It's pretty crazy.
    They also have insane limits on the amounts you can SPEND online.
    I have a friend in Venezuela, and the dude can only spend so much a year online. It's nuts!

14. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    Wow, I didn't realize that was a problem for some countries with paypal...I'm in the United States and I withdraw money from my paypal to my bank account all the time. That's 90% of what I end up using paypal for, and I'd be really upset if that weren't an option :/.

15. ExpertAdvice

ExpertAdviceActive Member

Threads:
    Where I live,I cannot withdraw PayPal funds directly to my account, what I have to do is use my Payoneer card to make my deductions, for me,subjectively- PayPal coming to my country is neither here nor there for me, I mean, It would be great if they came-with low fees so that I could benefit from of course, but since I already have means of getting my money from them to my country, I guess it doesn't bother me much. Let me correct myself, I can "withdraw" PayPal funds in my country, only if I request a check from them, which takes about two weeks to get to me and then another 30 days for the bank to clear the check :-/. Objectively, I would love if PayPal could come to my country, so that the business between themselves and other competitors could be "heated up" :)