Can your dog close a door?

Discussion in Pets started by irishways • May 19, 2014.

1. irishways

irishwaysNew Member

Threads:
    My dog is a master at opening doors. He even let himself into the neighbors house and just sat in front there fire the other day. But when it comes to shutting them, he has no will to learn. Any tips?

2. whnuien

whnuienActive Member

Threads:
    Ah, my family's dogs are just like that, they'll do anything to open the door but have no idea how to shut it :D What more annoying about them is they bark at foods but not to anything else including strangers!

But since the road within our village was upgraded and more drivers using it, they've been barking at the cars lights non stop all night! they would stop for few minutes when we tell them to shut up then they start again after that :D

3. irishways

irishwaysNew Member

Threads:
    We have a dog at the end of our lane that likes to chase the cars. It totally freaked me out at first, but now it's become a bit of a game. I figure he's been chasing cars longer than I've been driving them.

4. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That's quite impressive. So does he just push the door with his snout or he really can turn the knob for some reason? We have had some dogs that can do simple tricks, but they can't really open doors unless they push their snout on it. I think making him learn how to shut it would need the help of a dog trainer.