Canada Or The Us?

Discussion in As Seen on TV started by ExpertAdvice • Mar 19, 2015.

1. Sue

SueActive Member

Threads:
    I also live I'm Canada and feel the same way. I am proud to be Canadian and can't see raising my kids anywhere else. I suppose if I lived in the U.S. I would feel the same way about their country. Canada is a beautiful country and the people are great. I hope someday to get a chance to travel from one coast to another so far I have only travelled half way across.

2. rightct

rightctActive Member

Threads:
    Canada might be a prosperous country, but their prosperity isn't necessarily generated by mass-media friendly activities, so they don't get much attention from the outer world as a result. In the US, for example, there are a lot of movies, gadgets and generally stuff that attracts media attention and sells outside the US as well, so it's easier promotion for the country and we have the faux feeling everything revolves around it.

About Canada... hmm, to be honest, I don't know much, only that Quebec wants to be separated from Canada. Meh, French people and their pretentions xD.

3. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpointActive Member

Threads:
    For some time Canada looked appealing to me, but with politics ruining all since... about a decade? I don't longer feel like it would be my ideal place of choice if I would have to relocate.

The USA is a great country, but its greatness make it prone to great failures too, yet everything in the world spin around it, just like if this would be the sun, and the other countries kind of planets moving around it.

Even though I'd rather like to be moving to my self-invented location somewhere never inhabited before, perhaps one of those rare that are for sale, or or a random planet out there in the universe, LOL

4. BrandonScooterman

BrandonScootermanActive Member

Threads:
    Canada is smaller so you don't hear as much, but there is some great things going on in Canada.
    Canada is more expensive to live and has a less diverse economy and is colder... lol
    You get free basic healthcare and better labour laws in Canada.
    But in USA cost of living is SIGNIFICANTLY less.
    Depends really on what you are looking for.

5. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think one reason so many have a negative opinion about the U.S. is that we not only speak about our successes, but we're very open about proclaiming our failures. Homeschooling exists here in the States, and is a very popular option here in Texas, as well as many other states. Not everyone agrees with the current administration, which causes quite a bit of uproar, and that's healthy, because it means we have free speech. Slavery does not exist here in the United States, nor in most civilized countries. If you want to learn about real slavery, look to ISIS. Here's a link:

6. hellavu

hellavuActive Member

Threads:

I feel the same way about the politics ruining it. I'm from there, and I just feel sad when I read all the news and scandals.

On the other side, I think the US is far from being a great country. It's going down, has been for a while, and the politics are even worse there.

I'll stick to moving around Europe for now. It hurts my spirit less.

7. Cash In Hand

Cash In HandMember

Threads:
    Canada. There was poll done just recently involving around 40 countries and 70,000 people. The result is that, around the world, Canada is the most respected.

#27Jul 21, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2015
  8. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpointActive Member

Threads:
    For English speaking countries in the American Continent, I read somewhere else that Belize and Costa Rica (this non-English speaking country) are better places to relocate.

Personally I could not cite any country in this continent that I could consider at least somewhat respected, I'm afraid.

9. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Although I love the U.S, it is my country, and I am proud of it even though we have our problems. I would recommend Canada if you have a choice. YOu have health care affordable for everyone, generally nice people from what I can see, and no gun problems like we have in the United States. You do have to enjoy cold weather though and snow, and it is a bit more expensive to live there, those are the only down sides I can see.

10. evelination

evelinationMember

Threads:
    I think this particular situation mainly happens because, well, almost anything you see these days comes from the US. Canada doesn't have that many things to trigger the interest of tourists, as opposed to the States that've literally got endless tourist attractions. Also, most movies, music, books, even clothes as of lately, come from this place. Canada... I haven't heard absolutely anything that it produces.

11. Briannagodess

BriannagodessActive Member

Threads:
    I have had a lot of friends and relatives who already relocated to Canada. They got petitioned real fast too. Whereas, getting petitioned and living in the US is really hard to do especially if you are from a country like ours. One of my bestfriends relocated to Canada. She was petitioned by her mom along with her sister. I see her facebook posts and her life is already better there. She repeated high school and got into nursing school. She is a nurse now and enjoying life to the fullest. She can buy anything she wants and I can see her smiles in her pictures, she really loves living there.