Cancelling channels

Discussion in Digital & Web TV started by Peninha • Mar 28, 2014.

1. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Those of us still using cable or satellite TV know that we have hundreds of channels and of those we watch about 20 or 30 at the most. Have you tried to cancel those channels you don't need or the typical answer you receive is that they come in a package?

2. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm going to call my satellite company today to cancel the premium movie channels. I was getting them for 3 months free ,but I'm not willing to pay extra for keeping them beyond the promotional period.
    I think they're hoping that people will forget to call and cancel the trial, but I've had the date noted on my calendar for months.

3. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, that's a terror strategy they have, they offer premium channels for one or three months, great, we love offers, but we need to cancel the offer when that time ends?! Are you serious, if the offer expires why do we need to cancel something we never subscribed to? It's just a way they use to make money with us, that should be illegal.

4. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I cancelled just in time. If I hadn't called and cancelled when I did, they were going to add an extra $48 to my bill tomorrow. An extra $48 monthly on top of what I already pay, just for a handful of movie channels. No thanks. I can watch movies for free or cheap online. These are the kind of extra charges that can slip by if you don't catch them in time. I feel bad for the people who get addicted to having HBO and just end up keeping the premium channels and paying double the amount.

5. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I totally agree, I think they give those "offers" not for us to try the channels to see if we like, but deliberately to see if we forget it and believe me I've learned the hard way because I forgot it and I made a terrible fuss with them, finally they returned the money to me, but it was not easy.