Candles And Soap - Why?

Discussion in Gifts & Flowers started by Danii • Jan 30, 2015.

1. jewel777

jewel777Active Member

Threads:
    Candles and soaps are an inexpensive way to give something with a personal touch. I have a friend that gave me a candle and some homemade soap for Christmas, which I actually liked a lot better than the wallet he gave me,which while useful, the color of it wasn't my preference. And then on Valentines day, he gave his girlfriend scented candles instead of flowers candy, which I feel is still personal, but will last longer.

2. Andrea Phillips

Andrea PhillipsActive Member

Threads:
    I have a close friend who loves candles and soap and ask for them as gifts always. Certain liquid soaps have feminine scents and creamy textures. Grooming is, for many, fun and relaxing. Candles also have wonderful scents and create a relaxing ambiance. I think these are some reasons why people love candles and soaps and they make nice gifts.

3. akiii123

akiii123Active Member

Threads:
    I do not think I have received candle and soap as gifts but I have definitely received them individually. I totally love the soap which I get as gifts.

4. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    Candles and soap are consumable, so they have a use, then they are gone and don't sit around collecting dust. I give soap routinely, and receive it pretty routinely as well. I think it's one of the best gifts to give because you know it will not go to waste or just annoy the recipient by taking up space.

5. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    I love to get candles and fancy soaps! Those are things that are pricey and I wouldn't normally buy them for myself so I love to get them as gifts. I don't want to pay $8 for soap, but if a friend does then I am all for it!

6. IcyFirefly

IcyFireflyActive Member

Threads:
    I am happy with candles, if the scent is simple vanilla as some scents trigger a horrible headache for me. I only give candles to close friends after I found out that they like candles and just go for their favorite scent. I definitely hate the idea of soap, both giving and receiving.

7. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    I love to give and receive candles and soaps as gifts. Many times, I do not just go out and buy candles as they are expensive, but I sure do love to burn them. Soaps are useful and so they make a wonderful gift. There is nothing like pampering yourself with a new scent every once in a while. Candles and soap are both gifts that people can use and have a purpose. The only problem that arises is when you give a person a scented candle or soap that they do not like. It is better than some of the other gifts that people give and get that just sit in the closet for a couple of years before the person ends up donating them because they did not like them to begin with.