Candy Crush Is Overhyped

Discussion in Mobile Apps & Games started by TheViper • Nov 13, 2013.

1. TheViper

TheViperActive Member

Threads:
    There is no way I can justify why candy crush is so popular. This game is just a old platform with a new theme and sounds. For it to be this hyped up by everyone is surprising to say the least.

2. Treighsie

TreighsieActive Member

Threads:
    I don't get it either! I tried playing I once and it bored me quickly. So I deleted it, never looking back. I see people completely addicted to it. It's crazy! Granted, I have my own time-wasters. But still, the game is ridiculous.

3. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Totally agree! lol. I gave it a shot, JUST to see if I was actually missing out on something worth wasting time on and nope.. I have no idea what it's all about. Think I played that same game when I was a child lol.

4. Bloomatic

BloomaticActive Member

Threads:
    I recognize the merits of its creators, as Candy Crush appeared at the right time. However, I believe that their day is over and it is time to return to reality. It's a fun and simple game and offers a colorful proposal, is an option to pass the time. Sure, there are always fans and it is impossible to go against those arguments. Candy Crush gradually lose popularity and become a normal game. Something similar happened with Angry Birds, but it's not fair to make a comparison between the two proposals. :D

5. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Amen.

But you can't deny the fact that Candy Crush is an extremely polished Match 3 game with social media cleverly integrated. The marketing, though over hyped is masterful. Almost all people I know has played Candy Crush. And if you are the owner of the app, would you fault your marketing department? No. Because they did a great job.

6. Annetteb

AnnettebActive Member

Threads:
    I play tjis game from time to time only when I am bored with playing my other ganes. This doesn't happen to often, so tjis game rarely gets plaued. I have sern a lot of my friends playing this, but I don't see what it is about this game that makes it so addictive. I just find it ordinary.

7. rossonomous

rossonomousActive Member

Threads:
    I got to about level 80 in a few weeks and then got bored very quickly!

It is fun at first, but that's it for me.

8. andrew172

andrew172Active Member

Threads:
    The game has over 500 million downloads and apparently one in every seven citizens of Hong Kong play the game. After playing it myself for a few dozen levels I quickly tired of it. It's safe to say that, yes, in my opinion the game is far too over rated- it's just a redesigned version of bejeweled blitz!

9. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Which popular mobile game isn't overhyped? I've never understood the hype about Angry Birds or Fruit Ninja either, yet here we are, hearing about it everywhere..

10. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I agree that it's overhyped, but it is the only game I ever got addicted to in my phone! I'm sure it's the 5 lives at a time thing, that always makes me mad and want to play more! I never paid for extra lives, though. I think that would be too much!

11. clairebeautiful

clairebeautifulActive Member

Threads:
    I've actually managed to avoid the hype, but I do play the game. It is one of those time killers while waiting in line that is just the right amount of distraction.

I don't know. Obviously they are doing something right. And I guess I don't really care about all the hype.

12. andrew172

andrew172Active Member

Threads:
    I just wish I could find a way to get my girlfriend to stop playing it! Once she starts, I won't hear a peep out of here until those five lives are up!

13. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    Is Angry Birds overhyped? (The answer is yes, in case you didn't knew) Just like more than half of mobile games, they are only popular because they are cheap and everyone owns a mobile device anyway.

14. andrew172

andrew172Active Member

Threads:
    It's basically just bejeweled with a prettier interface. It's always been a popular game, but then it got 'socialized' and now it's more popular than ever.

15. TheViper

TheViperActive Member

Threads:
    Exactly!

This game just took a old game and made it a little pretty with cute sounds. I have seen commercials come on tv at least two times a day for it. They must be pulling in some serious money campaign a mobile app like this.

16. pandandesign

pandandesignActive Member

Threads:
    I have heard Candy Crush is the popular game after Angry Bird. I think it's the hype that there are a lot of people who have heard about Candy Crush and would like to play it on their mobile devices. I think it's definitely the hype that it will become the next wanted game.

17. Annetteb

AnnettebActive Member

Threads:
    I play candy crush just to see how far I can go, but I have so many other games on my phone that I play. I rarely play this game. I only play it when I think about it or when I need to pass the time at the doctor's office. I still don't see what all the fuss was about with this game. I don't find it addictive in the least. I can actually go without playing this game for days on end if I want to.

18. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I played it once by installing it for points for gift cards. I did what the app said to do and then never looked back. Of course I don't like games that require the brain surgeon level of thinking but I need a game that requires more to do or a little thinking. In other words I'm not a big fan of casual games. The only one I can think of that I play that doesn't give you real life rewards is Smurfs Village and I don't play it as much because all of the ones on the island disappeared.

19. andrew172

andrew172Active Member

Threads:
    I've seen those commercials too. And they certainly, being that it's now the number one most downloaded game across facebook and the various appstores.

20. randee555

randee555Active Member

Threads:
    I thought it was just me!!! I don't understand the hype over this game!! They have the nerve to have all these commercials for it and it's a waste of time to even play. I downloaded it and my mouth dropped because it really was lame. Same concept as some of these other lame games, I was just shocked!