Canned Drinks Or Bottled?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by cocolgooh • Sep 13, 2016.

1. cocolgooh

cocolgoohActive Member

Threads:
    I used to always go for canned drinks, because I was certain cans would get used up whereas those huge bottles of drink wouldn't always get used up in my house so therefore they weren't always as economical. However now that they seem to get used up I definitely buy larger bottles of drink rather than individual cans because it works out better in the long run economically. Do you buy cans or bottles? Which works out cheaper for you?

2. abonnen

abonnenActive Member

Threads:
    I really don't buy a lot of drinks, but when I do I really like cans, I have no idea why I think they taste better haha. I use to be a big pop drinker but about 2 years ago I stop drinking it, sometimes I have it for a treat and I get it as a fountain drink for 89 cents.

3. GreenPersimmon

GreenPersimmonMember

Threads:
    It depends on the sale, sometimes it's cheaper to get cans and others times it's cheaper to get bottles. Personally, I will drink all of either, so that's never been a problem in my family. I tend to get more money recycling the cans though. So, I've been buying them. Though, I do buy the liter and a half Mountain Dew bottles to use as my traveling bottles since cans can spill since you can't reseal them.

4. Winnie

WinnieActive Member

Threads:
    I buy both, but I definitely buy more cans than I do bottles. I buy the cans because I feel like soda stays fresher in individual cans as opposed to buying the bottles and having the opened bottles in the refrigerator until someone drinks all the contents. Unlike yours, our bottles don't seem to get used up as quickly as I would like.

If there is a sale, I might get a few bottles, especially in the smaller sizes. Not really a huge fan of the large ones. The smaller sizes are good for when we are out and about, but for in-home use, the cans definitely win out.

I like how the cans are easier to fit in my refrigerator, whereas the bottles, especially the big ones, will only fit on my refrigerator door. I could lay the large soda bottles down and put them on the refrigerator shelves, but the cans basically just go anywhere and will fit into tight spaces.

5. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Admittedly, the bottles, particularly the big ones, are more economical than the individual cans and small bottles. However, I agree that big bottles have leftover when there are only few who would drink so in effect, the savings would be lost to the leftover. What we buy is the soda in can which I share with my husband. We are light drinkers of soda and a can for the 2 of us is enough. But for our housemaids, we buy the big bottle that they consume for 2 days. As long as it is in the fridge, they can drink it with gusto, no change in taste.

6. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Bottle without a doubt are better value, cans I find are good for parties as people prefer to drink from a can and it saves on paper cups or glasses. I also think a bottle takes up less space in the fridge, plus is more economical as you can pour as much as you can drink.

I find with cans I can never finish one and waste it if I don't share it with someone.

7. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    To me, it mostly depends which is cheaper. For a party or any get-together, I always choose cans since those are the ones that mostly come in packs. Cans tend to get colder faster with a box of ice.

When it comes to myself, I prefer a bottle since I don't usually drink it all at once so I like to have a bottle cap.

8. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    To me it makes no difference whether I am drinking a canned or bottle drink but if I have to buy for storage purpose I would go for 2.25 or 2.5 lit bottle which is always cheaper than cans. Since there is no difference in ingredients so why should I pay extra for the same thing?

9. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    A thin bottle or some cans is the best solution for one or two people. On the other hand, if your throwing a big party, then a larger bottle is cheaper. However, whatever the size, make sure that the expiration date hasn't passed.

10. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    You know we in my country have a large quota of guests without notice so it is always good to have a 2.25 lit bottle that saves from going to market for bringing cold drinks. These larger bottles cost lesser and remain good for 8-10 days. Of course we keep an eye on their expiry date.

11. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    Bottles are a better option as cans are quite costly if you compare per volume. Besides, I can recycle bottles easily.

Another point to note would be if you buy very large bottles of fizzy drinks, the fizziness may be lost after opening and reusing two three times. So, if you aren't using frequently a can occasionally can serve the purpose just fine.