Canon Digital Cameras

Discussion in Product Reviews started by WitchyPop • Feb 18, 2013.

1. WitchyPop

WitchyPopMember

Threads:
    Has anyone had problems with their Canon digital camera? We've only had ours for 14 months and a cog has broken inside which apparently is very common and costs as much to send away to repair as it would to buy a new one. We've been really happy with it so not sure whether to buy another with an extended warranty or try another brand?

2. thenextGeek

thenextGeekActive Member

Threads:
    I have a Canon Kiss X2 and I haven't really experienced anything wrong with it. I believe that the DSLR cameras that Canon is selling are very durable and they can live for a very long time. You just have to make sure that you take care of them properly. This means that you should always keep them someplace safe, you should always have them maintained on an official camera store, you should always clean you lens before and after a photo shoot, and you should buy the proper safety and travel kit for you camera.

3. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    What type of camera is it? Is it a point and shoot or a DSLR? Is it an inexpensive model or one of their higher end cameras? I've owned several Canon cameras and haven't had any problems with them personally. If it's something in the <$150 range, I think pretty much all cameras in that range are subject to breaking on you, regardless of brand name.

I used to be a die hard Nikon fan, because years ago Nikon's SLR's were built better - they had metal mounting rings whereas Canon's had plastic, they had larger spools to pull your film tight than the Canon models, etc... But when I went shopping for a DSLR a few years ago, I was really pleased with the quality of Canon's selection as well and would consider them comparable to Nikons these days.

If you end up getting a new camera, for point and shoots I would highly recommend any of their Powershot s95/s100/s110 cameras. They're very well built with a magnesium case, have larger sensors than your standard point and shoots, and full manual controls despite their minimalist appearance.

4. trishgl

trishglActive Member

Threads:
    I have though the years found great value in the Sony Cyber-shot range. Its not only compact which is a god sent if you are a mom who has to have a dozen other things in your bag for just in case surprises. But its features are top notch, easy to use and its priced fairly well. I have a Sony cyber-shot DSC-WX 150. It retails for around $240 so if that's within your budget why don't you check its features out.

5. WitchyPop

WitchyPopMember

Threads:
    Unfortunately the warranty ran out late last year. It is a point and shoot and we'd been really happy with it up till now -no other problems. Not sure how much my husband paid for it but think it was around $250. We've always bought Canon but think we will look at other brands for the next one - thanks again for all your suggestions.

6. Alexandre33

Alexandre33Banned

Threads:
    Well we are talking about Canon Digital camera i just want to say you that i am recently start professional photography business and make a studio of photography and i am using Canon Digital camera to make the photos this is a high quality camera and have the best photo result and quality to make the photos i ma using this for my professional photography ...

#6May 2, 2013
    Last edited: May 3, 2013