can't upload a picture for avatar?

Discussion in Suggestions & Feedback started by crystalclrs • Mar 7, 2013.

1. crystalclrs

crystalclrsNew Member

Threads:
    Hi all ;) I'm new to this forum. I've tried uploading a picture as my avatar yesterday and today, and it keeps saying "upload failed." :confused: I clicked "Save Changes" after browsing to find the picture on my computer, so I understood it to be the way it uploads. Am I the only one having this problem? I would appreciate if I could have an outline on how to put up my own avatar. Thank you!!

2. Ryder13

Ryder13Active Member

Threads:
    I know that I got avatar/photo in place with no difficulty. Could it be that the photo itself is too large? A guess on my part. I honestly can't remember if I had to downsize the image from the original size.
    Ryder13

3. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I agree that you that the picture might be too large. The maximum size 120 by 120 pixels or 39.1 KB whichever is smaller.

4. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    Like Parker and Ryder said, odds are it is that your picture is exceeding the size limit. Try to reduce the size of the image so it does meet the size requirements and let us know if you still have problems.

5. raleigh040513

raleigh040513New Member

Threads:
    I think the size of the photo make sure that the size is fit to the avatar.
    Thank You!

6. numbers

numbersNew Member

Threads:
    For anyone else who comes here curious about how to resize an avatar picture to fit in the limits, and you lack any image editing software, just do a quick web search for "avatar resizing" and you'll find something that works very easily.

Just download the picture then upload it to the forums here, and you're one step closer to a customized avatar that reflects your personality and frugality, and one step further from the horrible default avatars (no offense).

7. redskyez

redskyezNew Member

Threads:
    You need to follow the requirements or it won't accept the picture.

8. SpiralArchitect

SpiralArchitectActive Member

Threads:
    Even I tried uploading a picture a few times (followed all the instructions) but just couldn't. Then I logged in today and I had a random avatar which I didn't choose. To be fair the avatar is of the band who I share my username with but I never uploaded it. Can anyone tell me what just happened?

9. caparica007

caparica007Banned

Threads:
    lol, so you think the default avatars are horrible? :D I had that error message too, but sometimes it gives an error, but the avatar is uploaded anyway. Good hint for the search though with avatar resizing. ;)

10. mikka254

mikka254Banned

Threads:
    I think you should send a private message to the admin. That would be the only way to fix your problem of uploading an avatar.