Captain America: The Winter Soldier is worth the admission

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by lindbergh • Apr 2, 2014.

1. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    You know what? I thought that The Winter Soldier would note or less suck. I saw a few trailers and I was pretty much disappointed. But since I liked the first movie, I still went out last weekend to see what Cap 2 was all about. And boy, was I blown out of my seat. The action scenes are all very well done and gets the adrenaline pumping. Cap, Black Widow, and Fury make a nice connection. And the story? It's probably the best in a Marvel movie. For those worrying about ticket price, don't fret. It's worth it.

2. sarz

sarzActive Member

Threads:
    Thank you for this post I appreciate it. My partner has been overly excited about the movie and wants to watch but I am not really a Captain America Fan. He didn't like the first movie either but has said this one is supposed to be fantastic. I am a fan of Marvel and after this raving review I will give it a chance :)

3. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think this movie would make you a fan of the ever patriotic superhero no matter how boring his abilities are. I was so surprised at the plot. I never thought that it would be one of its strongest points. It kept me guessing all throughout the movie. And you know what? Cap's down to earth abilities make the movie a lot more realistic and much less cartoony. It's more like The Dark Knight (only I think it's much much better than Batman).

4. thephantom638

thephantom638New Member

Threads:
    Looks interesting! I've been holding off on seeing this due to mixed opinions but I think that after reading this review, it should be worth watching. Based on your points, the movie should be pretty good to watch and I look forward to seeing it this weekend. Thanks for the review!

5. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I watched it tonight, too! I rarely see movies in the theater and I thought this would be a waste because the trailers weren't that great. It was pretty good, though! I don't know that I'd say it was the best overall.

Did you watch it in 3D?

6. TomRalphio

TomRalphioNew Member

Threads:
    I know it's probably a minor thing that I've just not payed much attention to elsewhere, but I loved the weight of the action in this movie.

The action scenes were cool, and some great combat scenes. But what I really liked is that every hit had a real punch to it. When Capt fought (or ran through) someone, you could hear the weight of the punch and when the body hit the wall behind. Also when Falcon grabbed Capt mid-air, it wasn't a simple "gotcha!" and he flew away, but the weight was considered.

Again, probably a small thing. I'm sure many movies get this right as well. I just noticed it particularly well in this movie, and made me enjoy the action so much more.

7. Gmac9100

Gmac9100Active Member

Threads:
    I hope so.

Because the first one was extremely boring. I thought the script was poorly written, and executed. Compared to other super hero films. Such as "The Dark Knight". There is literally no comparison. The first installment of Captain America was horrible. In my opinion.

That is why i will not pay to see Captain America 2 in the theaters because the first one left a bad taste in my mouth. I will wait for it to be release on DVD, and Blu-Ray.

8. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    Maybe I'm a bit biased on this since I never watched the first Captain America, but I thought the movie was pretty, well, lame, for a superhero/action film. I mean, sure the action scenes are good, but the thing is, it came on too late, I don't want to watch half an hour of talking that does absolutely nothing to advance the plot of the film. But then again, since I never watched the first one its apparent, or maybe I just set my expectations high cause my friends told me the film was great. The film was quite alright, but I don't know man, Captain America is just too plain.

9. eagle22

eagle22Active Member

Threads:
    I am so glad to hear this, I had a lot of expectations for this movie and I was afraid it was going to be a "bust" like many of the other movies have been. I will go see it this weekend, thanks for the review :)