Cardigan or jacket

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by melapie • Aug 29, 2012.

1. melapie

melapieActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer to use cardigans just because it's usually hot hot from where I am at. And I feel more girly in a cardigan, plus they can look good on anything. I wear them with dresses, when I'm wearing a tank top and shorts, a shirt and a pair of pants. I probably have 10 different cardigans that I use right now and only 1 jacket.

2. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I prefer jackets because they tended to be structured and can be used to hide a multitude of sins. They can also make jeans and blouse look professional.

3. Kaybee517

Kaybee517Active Member

Threads:
    I prefer a cardigan as well. The seasons change where I am but I am usually hot so cardigans can last me year round and I have more styling options as opposed to a blazer. Plus cardigans are way more comfortable.

4. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    I'm into cardigans as well. I have long sleeved ones, short sleeved ones, dressy ones for covering up in the evenings, and old faithfuls I can just shrug on at any time. I have a couple of jackets for when something smarter is needed, but I have about a dozen different cardigans, in all colours and materials.

5. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    Carnigans are my preference as well. They are just so much more comfortable and having several in different styles is a good way to be ready for almost any occasion. I have several blazer type jackets but usually only wear them for a rare business meeting.

6. etc

etcActive Member

Threads:
    I'm into jacket. Not only that I look pro with it but I feel like I'm the smartest and the handsome man in the world :D I an also use it in informal way like having a denim.

7. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    I really like cardigans but I don't own any. I feel like jackets are much more versatile. When I need something lighter, I use my scarf and wrap it around myself like a shawl. It's as elegant as a nice cardigan if not more so, and then I can use it in the traditional way, as a scarf, when it gets colder.

8. Mama2three

Mama2threeMember

Threads:
    I have several cardigans that I wear year round. I only wear a jacket in the winter. I can put a cardigan with just about anything else in my closet and it looks good.

9. andrew320

andrew320Active Member

Threads:
    My fiancee has the loveliest cardigans and she looks amazing in them. I bought her a brown cardigan for Christmas and she looks simply superb in them. Where I am, not a lot of women wear cardigans and it's mostly the men now as part of the hipster look. My fiancee also has a nice winter wool coat.

10. jaimie_lorraine

jaimie_lorraineMember

Threads:
    I have so many cardigans because they can dress up or down an outfit. I personally prefer cardigans because they are more comfortable and affordable than most jackets. Jackets tend to be bulky and make me too warm so I opt for cardigans most of the time.

11. QueenPisces

QueenPiscesNew Member

Threads:
    Lately I've been wanting to purchase a few cardigans for myself, I don't believe I own any, but I've seen some that caught my eye at Forever 21 and with fall just around the corner I think they would go perfect with that type of weather, so I would have to say cardigans. The only type of jackets I wear is leather because I'm not into wearing huge winter jackets. However, if I saw one that appealed to me I would buy it.

12. nash22

nash22Active Member

Threads:
    I love wearing cardigans and crops. It's very hot where I am at too and I kind of have big arms and I hate showing them. I always wear like cardigan crop over my shirts to cover them.

13. iampeebs

iampeebsMember

Threads:
    Jackets all the way! I just don't like the style of cardigans and hoe they look on me. I am larger chested and I just don't like how they make the girls look.

14. guidedessensations

guidedessensationsNew Member

Threads:
    I prefer jackets... looks smart and trendy in jackets

15. Ich bin Gia

Ich bin GiaMember

Threads:
    I actually wear both cardigans and jackets, sometimes together at the same time! That is because I live in very cold weather, but I like that I can remove my jacket indoors and still have the nice warm cozy cardigan keeping me warm. If you live in a warmer climate, I think a cardigan would be sufficient enough to keep you warm. I see nothing wrong with it.

16. jovan107

jovan107Active Member

Threads:
    I actually enjoy wearing both. Where I live the season changes. Cardigans and jackets are very stylish and can complement jeans, pants, dresses, and tanks perfectly.

17. ChanellG

ChanellGActive Member

Threads:
    Cardigans are more casual, so it depends on the sitiuation and what kind of look I am going for. A cardigan with the sleeves pushed up above the elbows often works better with a dress than a Jacket, since many are cut to be work with slacks or a skirt. Cardigans are also a better shoice with a sweater dress, and of course they are not as heavy as a jacket.

18. Mikered25

Mikered25Member

Threads:
    I normally wear jackets because they're roomier and they don't cost as much. Jackets are also cheaper than cardigans and there is much more decent selection to coose from. Finding the right jacket will depend what style you are looking for and the price you are trying to stay under.

19. Asuna

AsunaActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer jackets. I find them more comfortable. Cardigans don't really suit me so I don't wear them very often.

20. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    I would prefer a jacket. It is suited for varying weather conditions
    unlike the cardigan which is better worn in cool or cold weather. A
    jacket also dries more quickly unlike the cardigan which takes more
    time and also don't last he you don't follow the instructions
    properly.