Cardio Exercising Or Muscles Exercising

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by naruto100 • Mar 8, 2017.

1. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    If someone wants to lose just weight then which exercising format is more good. I have heard that Muscles exercise can gain bit weight as muscles going to be strong. I am not sure on it. Normally I do walking and running exercising. So do you think if I just need to lose weight I should avoid Muscles exercise? I know that cardio exercising is good for losing weight.

2. moondebi

moondebiActive Member

Threads:
    I have no idea on how muscle, cardio or other exercises differ from one another. I'm pretty ignorant regarding all of these.
    The only exercise I try to stick to is walking. That too is not for reducing mass as the weight part is amicably taken care of by my regular chores. These activities are something I cannot skip, and thus found no need to do something more to be in shape.

3. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    Cardio exercises helps to loose general body weight. Remember, unless you are particularly bulking up, all exercises aim at burning fats first.

If you want to just loose weight generally then brisk walking, jogging, running or treadmill are all right exercises. Needless to say, watching what you eat helps achieve your goal faster.

4. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    I am right now doing a daily brisk working early in the morning and late in the afternoon. I am not after for muscle toning. I am doing it to burn calroies and eventually losing some weights and let my heart function well for I am already a senior citizen.

This morning to satisfy my curiosity if I am losing weight or not, I passed by a school clinic and weighed myself. My present weight is 67.5 kilos. I reduce 2.5 kilos from my previous weight of 70 kilos. With my present height and age, the ideal weight for me is 60 kilos. I hope I could reach it if not before the end of April or the 2nd week of May.

5. Beast_Titan

Beast_TitanActive Member

Threads:
    Cardio is something you will do so you will lose weight and have a healthier heart. Lifting weights is something you will do to have stronger body, better endurance and tighter skin. It is something you should do together.

6. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don’t think there’s a problem with gaining muscles when you exercise to lose weight. But if you really don’t want any added muscle then you just have to suffice with the basic exercises like jogging and skipping rope. But you have to do the stretching and bending first to avoid tearing ligaments and tendons. A good warm up is necessary even if you will just be running. For me, losing weight is faster when I lift some weights. We have a 5-pound dumbbell that I use aside from the hand grip exerciser which I use after doing some push ups. I can maintain my weight with those simple exercises only.

7. Ani_m

Ani_mMember

Threads:
    I think that when your goal is to lose weight a combination of both is important. I'm not a fan of muscle focused exercises, but adding a little strength training to a cardio routine will help your skin adjust to your new weight. Consider that if you're losing a good amount of weight your skin will look flabby if you don't work your muscles. So both are appropriate when losing weight.

8. overcast

overcastActive Member

Threads:
    Depending on the type of the body you have the cardio and the muscle exercise will vary. As you can see cardio is often helpful regardless of your medical condition. And the muscle exercising can be helpful when you are into heavy stress and want to get in shape. In such case you can find a lot better option. I think cardio exercise are not that easy but you can do that any time.

9. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    It is recommended that you do the strength training first then follow it up with cardio exercise, this way you will be able to burn more calories. It's a useful combination to include both cardio and muscle exercise because the cardio will be better at burning calories and the muscle training will help you to maintain lean body mass.

10. FolkArtist

FolkArtistActive Member

Threads:
    They are both important to your body and aerobic exercise increases your bodies capacity of the heart and lungs to pump oxygen rich blood throughout your body and keeps your vital organs working efficiently. The muscle training strengthens your bones and muscles and improves posture also.

11. PAYAKNAPAGIISIP

PAYAKNAPAGIISIPActive Member

Threads:
    Both of the exercise is important. Weight lifting and cardio exercises can help you to stay fit and healthy. The difference of the two the end result. If you prefer lifting weights, as you go along with the exercise your physique will gain muscles. The lost fats will be replaced by that muscles that is starting to bulk up. So meaning the change is physical, but the desired outcome of losing weight is gonna be slightly in a different way. Cardio exercise on the other hand is fat burner. It can reduce fats in your body. The good thing about this is the muscle gained is not enough make any obvious effect in terms of weight.

So for me, the most Ideal for a person to loose weight is to do cardiovascular exercises.

12. luri

luriActive Member

Threads:
    When you are working hard in a gym to build up your muscles, you will also have to increase your diet, you have to eat nutricious food. When you are taking high calorie diet, you tend to put on weight. It is very likely tha you will grwo bigger when you are doing muscles exercise. However, cardio exercises keeps your heart healthy and body tones. You won't get good biceps through cardio exercise, but your heat will remain healthy.

13. tallulah

tallulahActive Member

Threads:
    A combination of healthy food choices and exercises like walking, running, swimming will enable you reach your goal faster. You must think about having a weekly goal of how much weight you want to lose each week and then check your progress. This allows you to refocus or readjust on what is working or not.

If you have a recurrent ailment or a serious health condition, it is strongly advisable that you consult a qualified health practitioner before starting any kind of weight loss exercise program or diet. They are horror stories of people collapsing and dying while exercising or on a diet.

14. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    As others have pointed out, ideally you would want a good balance. I usually tend to alternate though, which seems to work just to avoid going to hard on one area, although to be honest, this is never really all that much of a concern either way.