Cargo Pants or Jeans

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by mareebaybay • Nov 14, 2013.

1. mareebaybay

mareebaybayActive Member

Threads:
    I would much prefer Cargo pants over Jeans any day. Does anyone else feel the same way about Cargo pants and Jeans?

2. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Are cargo pants still "in" these days? I know that their heyday was during the early 2000's. I'm a female, so I think I would look manly if I wear cargo pants, so I would prefer wearing jeans instead.

3. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I think jeans look better. I never really liked cargo pants, even when they were trendy. I think either is alright as long as you like what you're wearing, and I personally just prefer jeans.

4. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like both, but I'm mainly a jeans wearer. Love both on guys too. The right ones anyway..

5. whatupswags

whatupswagsMember

Threads:
    I used to only wear cargo pants back in the day when I couldn't find the right jeans to fit my length! Nowadays, I don't own any cargo pants anymore, but I definitely remember how comfortable they were. I have been able to find jeans that provide that cargo-pant-comfort, though, so I haven't really sought them out in the last 6 years!

6. Kaylah

KaylahActive Member

Threads:
    Nope, I like jeans. Cargo pants always look baggy on me. I much more prefer the look and comfort of jeans.

7. SpringBreeze

SpringBreezeActive Member

Threads:
    For me it depends on the season and where I'm going. I hate wearing jeans during the summer. It always makes me feel uncomfortable. This is when I love wearing loose cargo pants. Also, cargo pants are much more forgiving to your shape. I like jeans during the winter, because they help keep me warm. And even better, they look fabulous with knee-high boots.

8. downloadsincomplete

downloadsincompleteMember

Threads:
    Jeans for me. Cargo pants are a fashion fad that peaked in the 1990s. They're just too baggy and cumbersome for my tastes. I just never saw the need for having those oversized pockets.

Jeans have been around since the 1800s and have never really gone out of style. There's a good reason for that because they're simple and timeless. Lots of people can wear jeans, but not everyone can pull off cargo pants. You can dress up jeans with a blazer, or you can just wear them with a T-shirt. You can't really dress up cargo pants. I suppose if you were some sort of utility worker and needed the extra pockets for your tools, that could be useful. But in an everyday fashion sense, I think jeans are much preferred over cargo pants.

9. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I look so much better in slim jeans than I do in cargo pants. I am short so all the pockets are distracting to my over all look. I am sticking with the jeans.

10. dazzlingblue

dazzlingblueMember

Threads:
    I don't personally own any cargo pants, but I've noticed a trend of more upscale retailers like Brooks Brothers and Banana Republic selling cargo pants that look a little less relaxed than how a lot of us might imagine cargo pants. I guess they may be acceptable for offices with casual Fridays.

11. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    I am more of a jeans kind of person. It never goes out of style. And I could literally use it everyday and not be worn out easily.

12. apple1989

apple1989Member

Threads:
    Jeans all the way. Not once did I ever use any cargo pants. No offence but they look trashy, more so now that skinny jeans are the in thing even for men.

13. mareebaybay

mareebaybayActive Member

Threads:
    I am a cargo pants wearer personally.

14. FatesWing

FatesWingActive Member

Threads:
    Cargos to me look better on guys. I wear jeans all the time unless I'm wearing dress pants for a more formal affair. Jeans come in all different fades and styles. From boot cut to flare I vote for jeans.

15. radishes

radishesMember

Threads:
    I'm a girl, so I can't really get away with wearing long cargo pants. But, in the summer, I love wearing cargo shorts! Shorts are easier to pull off. Personally, If I found some slim fitting cargo pants, I'd buy them in a heartbeat. Cargo pants are so comfortable! I'm envious of you guys who can wear cargo pants and look manly/comfortable.

16. amy005

amy005Active Member

Threads:
    I wear jeans most days of the week. Days I don't wear jeans I wear yoga pants or sweat pants. These are usually my lazy days so when I want to "dress" up or look nice I wear my jeans.

17. Cara18

Cara18Member

Threads:
    I like cargo pants better than jeans. I think they are a lot more comfortable than jeans. They also look a lot better in my opinion. You just have to find a pair that is right for you.

18. avasmom

avasmomMember

Threads:
    I prefer cargo pants. I hate the thought of "mom jeans" and no one has ever mentioned my "mom cargo pants". ;)

19. harpriyag@gmail.com

Threads:
    No, I don't like cargo pants because I am girl and slightly fat, so it does not look good on me. I love to wear jeans, it looks stylish and cool. Moreover, in jeans I look slim.

20. MegaZero

MegaZeroNew Member

Threads:
    I am a male myself and I LOVE cargo pants. To me, they look AWESOME and are very comfortable to wear. Thank god my girlfriend loves them too!

I wear jeans some times but I just think that Cargo is far more better!