Caring for clothes

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by Denis Hard • Jun 6, 2014.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Buttons can pop off any time. In extreme cases like when someone grabs you by shirt and buttons pop off, not much can be done to stop your buttons from falling off.

Since most of us don't get caught up in such violent altercations, there's a way you can stop your buttons from falling off because the threads come loose or something. I heard this from a lady so if you're a guy, you'd need to go shopping for nail polish.

Apply some nail polish to the thread which binds the button and once it dries out, those threads will never, ever come loose [or break].

2. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Oh, yes thanks for this. Although I haven't needed this before, I think that in time I would be needing it so it would be worth to bear in mind. I will also share this tip to parents who have kids because mostly falling out of buttons happens to the clothes of the kids when they are playing. So to add measures of caring about clothes and to save them from the possible hassle of it again, they should know this.

3. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Yep, this works!

A very tiny dab of glue works as well. I've used super glue before, but I have a feeling that other glues would bind and still make it through the wash fine, too. For the guys who don't already have fingernail polish on hand, this might be better for them.

4. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I've heard this as well, but only for nylons. I never knew it could be good for threads too. I fortunately have not much trouble with buttons popping off, and whenever those rare occasions do turn up, I have a needle and thread to do the job but that's not always available especially if I'm out, so I guess applying nail polish could be very helpful in preventing this. I'll be giving this a try, thanks for the tip!

5. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That's good advice. I never thought about it. Perhaps it's because I don't happen to deal with buttons all that much. Most of my clothes slip on and off easily, and the buttons on my trousers seem to hold out for years. But just in case a button should pop off, or there is a rip or tear, I do have thread and needle at the bottom of one of my drawers.
    I'll definitely keep the nail polish trick in mind.

6. whnuien

whnuienActive Member

Threads:
    Wow I have never heard of this tip before and to be honest this is the problem my husband seems to always have. We have to keep a lot of stock of a similar type of buttons all the times.

Thanks for this advice. Now I can finally use my unused nail polished for something good.

7. Neperon

NeperonActive Member

Threads:
    Hey this is amazing and something completely different,Appreciate you for sharing it with us surely it is having those which helps us with having a right sense of knowledge appreciate you for sharing it with us.