Carpet Tiles

Discussion in Home & Garden started by thisnthat • Aug 16, 2017.

1. thisnthat

thisnthatActive Member

Threads:
    I recently picked up some carpet tiles, and I am really happy with them. They have nice padding, and they are large. I got them at Dollar Tree, but obviously, there are other places to buy them as well. Their supply and choices are limited.

I used them for my utility room, which has a cold, hard, concrete floor. They made a big difference comfort wise and they also look nice. I might just try them in some other spaces as well.

Have you ever used carpet tiles? Where is another good place to shop for them?

2. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, I've used blue carpet tiles about five years ago on our bedroom floors and they looked quite cozy. I checked for their prices back then and they range from $5 to $7 each tile. I didn't buy them brand new. Our office was renovating and the company decided to sell the carpet tiles to its employees at half a dollar each tile. I just had them cleaned and they looked good as new.

3. thisnthat

thisnthatActive Member

Threads:
    Wow, that was a great deal, especially considering that they held up so well. I think they are a good bargain anyway, since it's got to be less expensive than having wall to wall carpet installed (plus I just don't really like wall to wall carpet).

You can even mix and match to make a cool area rug type thing, or use all the same, whatever you want.

I think another economical aspect is the ability to simply remove and replace a tile at a time if the carpet gets stained or otherwise damaged.